Alde UK announcement

ocsid replied on 24/07/2019 16:41

Posted on 24/07/2019 16:41

Brilliant news announced by Alde UK on another forum, for their equipped UK caravans & motorhomes..

* manufacturers will fill with the same spec 5-year heating fluid.

Alde UK

Posted 32 minutes ago (edited)
As you may be aware, Alde and our user base (possibly you amongst them) have been keen for UK caravan manufacturers to fill with a 5-year heating fluid as standard, for many years. 

We're very pleased to announce that for 2020 MY onwards all UK caravan 

To facilitate this change in industry practice, Alde UK carefully vetted a range of heating fluid products, each conforming to VW TL-774-J specification (more commonly known by the product code G13). 

This process created a list of Alde-approved heating fluid products, shown below. 

Alde Premium G13 Antifreeze [Pre-mixed/ready to use]
Comma Xstream GG40 [Concentrate]
Fuchs Maintain Fricofin V [Concentrate]
VW Branded G13 Coolant [Pre-mixed/ready to use] 

For end users, this should remove any confusion about what to top up with. i.e., Any of the above. 

All Alde-approved heating fluid products are magenta in colour, protect down to -35 degrees Celsius when properly mixed, and provide 5-year corrosion protection. 

Alde then partnered with Fuchs Lubricants UK to produce and supply an exclusive product to UK caravan manufactuers and dealers. Fuchs Maintain Fricofin V 50, a ready to use variant of their concentrated product, pre-mixed 50:50 with deionised water. 

This initiative will have huge comparative benefits for our end users and the environment. 

Environment 

The Alde-approved heating fluid is delivered to UK caravan manufacturers in Intermediate Bulk Containers, that are collected and reused when empty, reducing plastic waste where drums were used previously.
Alde-approved heating fluid uses 20% glycerin in its base, reducing the amount of monoethylene glycol required to produce and dispose of.
Over 7 years of ownership, Alde-approved heating fluid's longer life immediately cuts the amount disposed of by 66% compared to the blue 2-year fluid preferred by the industry in the past. 

End User 

Not only does Alde-approved heating fluid meet strict criteria for performance and quality, with direct supply to UK caravan manufacturers and dealers, mixing takes place in dedicated, quality controlled facilities. Less chance of problems down the line.
Each new Alde system will be filled with Alde-approved heating fluid, so top up with Alde-approved heating fluid. It's all magenta in colour. Less chance of confusion.
Over 7 years of ownership, Alde-approved heating fluid's longer life equates to only one fluid change, rather than three for the blue 2-year fluid preferred by the industry in the past. Much less cost! 

Alde thanks you CaravanTalkers who have shared your opinion on this subject over the years. It's an out-and-out improvement that we hope everyone can get behind. 

Note: Travelling abroad? Perhaps you're in Australasia with an imported UK caravan, and are wondering where to buy Alde-approved heating fluid? Visit any car dealership in the Volkswagen Group, they should have their VW Branded G13 Coolant on stock. (If ever you wanted an excuse to walk into your local Lamboghini dealer!) 

*Also includes UK motorhome manufacturers.

Waffler replied on 08/08/2019 21:52

Posted on 08/08/2019 21:52

My understanding is that the fluid also absorbs water so diluting itself. Cyberyacht's suggestion wouldn't work because of the aluminium in the system. I'd been led to believe that the 2 year  fluid was used first and that then 5 year so that any debris would be flushed out at 2 years. I think I was misled. 

redface replied on 09/08/2019 19:26

Posted on 09/08/2019 19:26

So there I was ready to charge down to the 'middle of Lidl' to see if they were doing likewise.

Oops - wrong Aldi!

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook