Emergency fridge/freezer rescue

Pippah45 replied on 14/07/2019 16:53

Posted on 14/07/2019 16:53

It may be obvious to some people but it took me a day to dig into my memory and think of the trips I made with my mother some 60+ years ago to buy blocks of ice daily for a fridge in a holiday place in the South of France.  

I assumed that my fridge would work on gas in my 2018 Swift Conqueror when I booked a pitch with no EHU.  It didn't and it was pretty hot!  So I went for some Party Ice in Tesco.  One bag in the freezer compartment and one in the main fridge kept everything quite cool for three days.  

Hopefully I may know how to fix the problem if it happens again - but if I am running low on gas I will undoubtedly use the idea again and again.  

Cartledge replied on 27/07/2021 07:21

Posted on 15/07/2019 06:46 by cyberyacht

I can remember the daily visit of the "ice van" to camp sites back in the eighties. They'd sell you a chunk about a cubic foot.

Posted on 27/07/2021 07:21

My goodness, you’d need a very large glass of G & T to accommodate that 😂😂 !

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook