Flush tank additives

EalingBob replied on 15/02/2017 21:36

Posted on 15/02/2017 21:36

I recently started using biological liquitabs to add to our waste tank. I found that they worked well with little difference between them and the expensive stuff you can buy in caravan dealers.

I was wondering has anyone any experience with additives to the flush tank?  I would have thought that any suitable wetting agent would do?  Has anyone tried washing up liquid...or am I being naïve?  I tried car screen wash and that seems to work very well but it's not cheap and a lot more expensive than washing up liquid!

Any advice?

Many thanks,

Bob D.

derekcyril replied on 02/09/2019 21:57

Posted on 01/09/2019 08:38 by Rufs

Didn't like the fabric softener as it left white slimy film on the mechanism

does not look or feel great but keeps the rubber seal flexible and helps stop corroision, wipes off easily with a wet wipe.

Posted on 02/09/2019 21:57

Hope you dont put wet wipes down toilet 

Curzonparkboy replied on 10/09/2019 09:35

Posted on 10/09/2019 09:35

Well thanks for all the advise on here - I have been aware of people using Bio Tabs for some time after reading other forums so after reading through the thread I bought some tabs from Lidl and put one in the toilet and some Zoflora for the header tank, drained what pink was left and put in a capful

lets see how it goes and I will give an update shortly (we are away at the moment so ideal to try it now)

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook