Map & sheet of LPG UK Stations for refillables

Johnny57 replied on 26/06/2019 07:53

Posted on 26/06/2019 07:53

I have started this new discussion so we can collect the information in one place and the links will be at the start of the discussion on each page!
The information has been collected so far from these two discussions “LPG Gas filling stations”and “Safefill - gone bust?”

To add or correct a filling station (that allows filling of refillable bottles) please leave a post here with:

Seller/service station name
Address/location of supplier
County & POSTCODE
Any helpful location info
Website link for site/supplier

Or there is a form you can fill which will help me update the sheet easier! Form
Link to Spreadsheet (can sort by right clicking the head of the column and select A-Z etc)
Link to Map (can zoom in on area and click icon to see info on station)
I plan to keep this up to date! Johnny57

Johnny57 replied on 02/07/2019 19:51

Posted on 02/07/2019 14:17 by ocsid

Despite the clear warning of "no portables" on the easily accessed LPG pump, if you make sure they know you have a "Safefill" you can top up here:

BP Sholing

430 Bursledon Rd, Southampton SO19 8NG

Posted on 02/07/2019 19:51

Thanks ocsid added including your notes!

Keep them comin!
I have also posted on some Facebook Caravan and Motorhome groups as well so may get more from there!

Tinwheeler replied on 02/07/2019 19:56

Posted on 02/07/2019 15:50 by Mitsi Fendt

Johnny 57. Well done for doing this. Far superior to the LPG filling stations that I started..

Obvious you have put a lot more effort into it than I did. 

Posted on 02/07/2019 19:56

You came up with the original idea, MF. All credit for that.👏🏻

Johnny57 replied on 02/07/2019 21:18

Posted on 02/07/2019 19:56 by Tinwheeler

You came up with the original idea, MF. All credit for that.👏🏻

Posted on 02/07/2019 21:18

I second that - Thanks to MF for the idea.

Just need to get others to add there stations to improve the coverage of the UK!

tadhatter replied on 04/07/2019 13:50

Posted on 04/07/2019 13:50

Took the plunge and drove to my nearest site featured on the map - Morrisons at Enfield, nearly 45 minutes away!

After showing the container to the cashier she said I couldn't fill it up here but, before even I could respond her supervisor looked over and siad, that;s safefill isn't it? I replied, yes and she saw the logo and recognised the container and told me that it absolutely fine and to go ahead and fill up. 

I duly did so and got a very heartfelt apology from the cashier which I accepted. 

As an aside that Morrisons is very accessible form the M25. Striaight down the A10 (which is dual carriageway) about a mile or so London bound and Morrisons is at a junction with traffic lioghts just beyond Sainsburys. Feel well chuffed filling my cylinder up for under £7! 

Pumps are #13 &#14 the closest ones to the entrance.

Merve replied on 04/07/2019 19:25

Posted on 04/07/2019 13:50 by tadhatter

Took the plunge and drove to my nearest site featured on the map - Morrisons at Enfield, nearly 45 minutes away!

After showing the container to the cashier she said I couldn't fill it up here but, before even I could respond her supervisor looked over and siad, that;s safefill isn't it? I replied, yes and she saw the logo and recognised the container and told me that it absolutely fine and to go ahead and fill up. 

I duly did so and got a very heartfelt apology from the cashier which I accepted. 

As an aside that Morrisons is very accessible form the M25. Striaight down the A10 (which is dual carriageway) about a mile or so London bound and Morrisons is at a junction with traffic lioghts just beyond Sainsburys. Feel well chuffed filling my cylinder up for under £7! 

Posted on 04/07/2019 19:25

Nice to read positive stuff tadhatter. It seems that a few staff are still ignorant of the Safefill policy- but all’s well that ends well! 

Johnny57 replied on 04/07/2019 20:46

Posted on 04/07/2019 13:50 by tadhatter

Posted on 04/07/2019 20:46

Tadhatter great that you got the cylinder filled. I will add your note re pump #13 etc to the list

Johnny57 replied on 06/07/2019 12:40

Posted on 06/07/2019 12:40

UPDATE
Newton Grove has now added a total of 287 filling stations that hopefully allow you to fill refillable bottles such as Safefill, Gas It etc This has been done with the help of Facebook Caravan Groups and CAMC Members in this “Club Together Discussion Forum
Links to the Spreadsheet and Map.
If you would like to add any missing ones or amend existing entries please fill in this Form or reply here

Merve replied on 06/07/2019 15:19

Posted on 06/07/2019 15:19

This is becoming a really useful bit of software John. I hope that Caravanners, Motorhomers and campers see the benefit of a facility like this and support the cause by sending information of new points whenever found. Thanks again JOHN- magnificent work!

Johnny57 replied on 07/07/2019 12:11

Posted on 06/07/2019 20:23 by DaveandVicki

Just one minor quibble John, you have listed Lodge Farm Leisure twice, 196 and 200.

Thanks for your hard work.

Posted on 07/07/2019 12:11

DaveandVicki, thanks for noticing that duplication, there were more!!
I must remember to filter by name to check in future before publishing it!

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook