Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

Tinwheeler replied on 18/01/2019 11:58

Posted on 18/01/2019 11:14 by Metheven

This 'reflected drama' on the club would not affect my renewal.

Posted on 18/01/2019 11:58

Agreed. Although it's entering the realms of COTY, it doesn't affect the basic operation of the club which is the reason I joined.

replied on 18/01/2019 12:21

Posted on 18/01/2019 11:14 by Metheven

This 'reflected drama' on the club would not affect my renewal.

Posted on 18/01/2019 12:21

Personally I don’t think it could be called a reflected drama, the club must show some responsibility over this, it was put to members on their site, which leads people to have confidence that the club has vetted the arrangement and think it is good for their members.

They have the contacts within pump king, that we as individual members do not have, no calls or emails answered on my part, they could go to the top of pump king and put pressure to resolve and issue updates which may make members less concerned.

rambling robin replied on 18/01/2019 14:26

Posted on 18/01/2019 14:26

After a few days of doubt, coupled with deafening silences from their support people I've decided enough is enough. I am just not prepared to risk payment details in the hands of these folks. Cannot get hold of anyone on phone, emails unanswered, duplicate payments, wandering web sites and so on.

Just to be sure I have cancelled the debit card(s) linked one way or another to their system. Bank have confirmed they would not honour any payment request originated with stopped cards.

I probably will return the Esso cards they have sent though I suspect the address is just a service address with no real people.

This scheme could have been good, but it has too many downsides to trust.

toneweb replied on 18/01/2019 15:34

Posted on 17/01/2019 19:44 by toneweb

I used my card for the first time last friday (11th) and I haven't had my account debited either. The receipt for the fuel showing the discounted amount was entered onto my online essocard (Pump King now) account on Wednesday (15th). The discounted cost was exactly as per last weeks text price. Will update when transaction shows on my current account.

Posted on 18/01/2019 15:34

My account was debited late yesterday six days after using card (saved £5.01 on garage receipt). Just the one transaction thankfully, but I will be keeping a close eye on bank transactions for now! 

No text for next weeks fuel prices yet. Looking back on time stamps of the ones I have recieved, they are sent out somewhere between Friday afternoon/evening.

StevieMcC replied on 18/01/2019 16:06

Posted on 18/01/2019 16:06

I finally received a refund for my £105 of unauthorised duplicate payment taken, and started to feel as though things were maybe getting back on track... 

Then, today I received another fuel card!  I note there appear to be a great many people waiting for cards applied for weeks ago, and here I now have cards I haven't even requested!

I have to say I'm very nervous about the back end reliability of the service, and will be hesitant to use the card again until there are more positive reports.

On a side note, I've read the discussions about min / max quantities of fuel you can drawn on the card - each fill up of my Merc is approaching 100l, and nothing has ever been questioned, so I'm guessing the revised terms with the increased allowance was slipped in quietly.

foot-in-mouth

carol61love replied on 18/01/2019 16:16

Posted on 18/01/2019 16:16

After weeks of text messages with the prices, yesterday I finally recieved my card..only to find the website to get my pin and details is no longer reachable. Might give up now.

replied on 18/01/2019 16:16

Posted on 18/01/2019 16:16

Are the Club still waiting a repose from PK laughing

RowenaBCAMC replied on 18/01/2019 16:37

Posted on 18/01/2019 16:37

Hi everyone, The My Esso Card website has been unavailable temporarily due to site maintenance and during this time has defaulted to the Pump King website.  Please note you can still access your My Esso Card account by visiting https://pump-king.co.uk/welcome and can continue to use your My Esso Card. 

PK Fuel Limited and My Esso Card apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Yertiz replied on 18/01/2019 17:39

Posted on 18/01/2019 17:39

Thanks Rowena,

However, there are still some questions that,I for one, would like an answer to

The change to the T & C's?

How long will it be before the original website is rectified?

The lack of replies from Pump-King, which doesn't help with my confidence in this offer?

The double charging when using the card?

Obviously, the C&MC are only a promoter of this deal BUT as I, like others, can't get any replies from Pump-King you would appear to be the one who may be able to answer these points.

Thanks in advance.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook