Member Offer: My Esso Card

RowenaBCAMC replied on 22/11/2018 14:32

Posted on 22/11/2018 14:32

Hi everyone,

We wanted you to be the first to know about a new member offer with My Esso Card. The My Esso Card is a fuel card that provides savings at 1,300 Esso fuel stations to help drive down the cost of touring. Members are guaranteed to save on fuel at every Esso station across the UK with the only consumer facing fuel card.

We are the only organisation within the touring industry able to provide this offer to members.  

What is the saving?

On average members will typically save 8p per litre on premium diesel or unleaded fuel and 5p per litre on standard diesel or unleaded fuel. That’s a typical saving of £5.60 per tank on premium fuel or £3.50 on standard fuel (based on 70 litre tank of fuel).

The saving varies based on the My Esso Card special rate and the Esso pump price rate. In the unlikely event that the pump price is lower than the My Esso Card special rate members are guaranteed to save 1p per litre on the pump price. You can use the My Esso Card to fill up all your vehicles, not just the one you tour with.

There are no fees to sign up and no transaction or processing fees. You can also earn your Tesco Clubcard points when filling up.  

We are also running a competition for members for a chance to win free fuel.

To launch this great new offer, My Esso Card are giving Caravan and Motorhome Club members an exclusive chance to win free fuel. 10 lucky winners will win 175 litres of fuel and another 10 lucky winners 75 litres of fuel!  Members need to register for a card and fill by 31 December 2018 to be entered into the random prize draw.  Winners will automatically have the fuel credit added to their My Esso Card account.

To find out more about this member offer visit My Esso Card Member Offer on the Club website 

Surfer replied on 22/07/2019 08:45

Posted on 21/07/2019 09:46 by Rocky 2 buckets

Probably for the same reason you keep repeating that you won’t use your card anymore as it’s not worth the trouble. . .Yet you return to post. We all lose sight of the origins of the thread👍🏻😊

Posted on 22/07/2019 08:45

You are correct as we did stop using the card for a couple of months as the savings were not worth the effort.  However recently this has improved with savings of at least 5p or more. 

I am guessing but with this Iranian issue, just in case there is a huge increase in the cost of fuel, we filled up the tank on Saturday at the lower rate.

commeyras replied on 22/07/2019 11:24

Posted on 22/07/2019 11:24

An interesting point Surfer and any instability in the Middle East tends to lead to an increase in the price of crude oil.  However, before we in UK lose sleep over the risk to our oil supplies; over the last 20 years we have dramatically decreased our dependence on oil/gas from this area.  Most of our oil now comes from Norway, Saudi Arabia is way down the list (source Statista), with most of the oil from the Middle East going to Asia (some 75%).  Nevertheless, any interruption of supply from the Middle East would place a strain on other suppliers and hence probably increase the price but this would be countered by the fact that the world's demand for oil is slowly declining.  A complex subject.  Let us hope that the great minds can sort out this serious situation soon.

commeyras replied on 27/07/2019 12:50

Posted on 27/07/2019 12:50

On 3 Jul BMW reported that he had used his Pump King Esso Fuel Card in Europe saving approx .10p per ltr.  T & Cs still say that the savings are for UK only.  Can Rowena confirm that the card is now valid in Europe.

commeyras replied on 28/07/2019 10:16

Posted on 28/07/2019 10:16

Further to my post yesterday about BMW's savings using his card in Europe.  I have today received the following from Pump King:

"You can use your Pump King card in Europe.  We charge the pump price at the mid market rate of the European Central Bank to GBP and there are no foreign exchange charges."

Could BMW tell us how much he paid compared to European Supermarket prices for his fuel.

StevieMcC replied on 29/07/2019 08:01

Posted on 29/07/2019 08:01

I've found recently that the prices coming through on my pump king texts are proving to be the same as the pump prices at my local Esso stations.  I'll keep the card in my pocket for the very rare occasions I need to fill up at a motorway Esso, but otherwise, not much benefit at this level.

Ne10 replied on 29/07/2019 11:04

Posted on 29/07/2019 11:04

In reply to comeyras:-  The tour we did included Luxembourg and Austria, where fuel is relatively inexpensive. We used the Esso card in Switzerland, Italy and Germany wherever we came across an Esso filling station without seeking a supermarket because of the Pump-King benefits.    I'm unable to give you the price comparisons, but I am satisfied that we did OK!

kevinwarrington replied on 02/08/2019 16:33

Posted on 12/07/2019 08:57 by Goldie146

decreased from around 25mpg to 30mpg

Increased?

Posted on 02/08/2019 16:33

Decreased, because obtaining 30 miles per gallon means I use less fuel than obtaining 25 miles per gallon. But people tell me that I'm pedantic :-)

Slatept replied on 22/08/2019 10:33

Posted on 22/08/2019 10:33

DO NOT use this company they charged me twice for the same transaction. The contact number does not work. I have emailed them 2 weeks ago and still no refund of £67.94. Can't believe the CAMC is pushing such a poor company.

Slatept replied on 22/08/2019 11:52

Posted on 22/08/2019 11:52

Further to my previous post. I've just spoken to the UKs Financial Conducts Authority, Pump-King ( the company you deal with for the fuel transactions) are not authorised by them which basically means they have no power over the company. People, be very aware of this company. They do not have phone numbers you can contact them on and in my case they have robbed me of £67.94 with little legal power to get my money back. Come on caravan club you should be protecting yourselves and dis-associating the CAMC from this second rate company.

Moderator Edit:

Your post has been reported in the hope that you might receive a response from a club staff member.

Your duplicate thread has been removed.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook