National Trust Discounts?

DuncR replied on 06/12/2020 17:37

Posted on 06/12/2020 17:37

Hi All

After paying a hefty parking fee at an NT carpark today, thought it's about time we joined. There's a few properties & bits of land locally that we'd certainly make use of if we didn't have to fork out each time.

I can see there's a small discount for CAMC members but I tried using the code on the NT Membership page and it wouldn't work. It seems that it only works on gift cards.

Am I right or have I missed something? It seems a pretty convoluted way to join up by buying a card and then spending it on Membership (and the Membership page only shows visa/debit card or Direct Debit so not even sure how we'd use the gift card!)

Is there any better way of getting a better membership rate from NT? Or are they very much a take it or leave it sort of outfit?

Thanks - Dunc

Tinwheeler replied on 03/03/2021 13:44

Posted on 03/03/2021 13:30 by peedee

Here is the detail >Link< Note, Senior membership is not automatic you have to apply for it. Its a charity dedicated to preseving our history and open spaces. We would be losers without it. I pay full subsciptions and will continue to do so way into my senior years.

peedee

Posted on 03/03/2021 13:44

Cheers, PD. I have no recollection at all of applying and was sure it just happened automatically.🤷🏻‍♂️

obbernockle replied on 03/03/2021 16:58

Posted on 03/03/2021 11:28 by triky auto

IF ,if joining the N.T ,,,,is there a detailed book/magazine info' etc that sets out the particular details of each site ?? For example ,vehicle sizes,lengths ,height barriers,length of stay ??  ??.undecided.

Posted on 03/03/2021 16:58

Yes there is an annual handbook containing details of each NT property and also the window sticker to help with entry to car parks.

It normally contains more information than in this year's book because the Pandemic has affected opening times etc. We have kept last year's book for reference. Entrance this year is by booking on the NT website  and limited numbers of slots are released on the Friday of each preceding week. (to prevent block bookings). We haven't found any difficulty in getting bookings.

We used the website booking system several times last year to visit parks and gardens and thoroughly enjoyed each one. Because they are limiting the numbers of visitors this year, the parks and gardens are particularly quiet, 

bandgirl replied on 04/03/2021 21:16

Posted on 03/03/2021 09:39 by obbernockle

Oh dear! Wrong! We have been members for many years and have enjoyed the 25% reduction as our age and continuous membership entitles us to this. We pay £7.50 per month by Direct Debit (normally £10).

Posted on 04/03/2021 21:16

My comment isn’t totally incorrect.  You must have already been a member continuously for  several years (can’t remember how many) before you can change to the age related reduced membership rate.  You can’t get it as a new member.

Also, there aren’t any concessions on normal admission fees for non members.

bandgirl replied on 04/03/2021 21:19

Posted on 03/03/2021 09:40 by Tinwheeler

"Someone has mentioned reduced rates for over 60s, however this isn’t something that the NT offers."

Actually they do offer reduced annual membership subscriptions on age grounds. I forget the details of the actual age and length of membership required to obtain the discount but I've got it.

Edit: Cross posted with Obbernockle.

Posted on 04/03/2021 21:19

The reduced rate for over 60s isn’t available for new members.  You must have a certain number of years continuous membership to qualify, as you rightly say.  I think it may be 5 years, but not sure.

Takethedogalong replied on 06/03/2021 11:22

Posted on 06/03/2021 11:22

Tinny is right. You get reduced rate for over 60, but only if you have had 5 years continuous membership, and you have to ask for it. It isn’t automatically applied.

triky auto replied on 06/03/2021 22:32

Posted on 03/03/2021 16:58 by obbernockle

Yes there is an annual handbook containing details of each NT property and also the window sticker to help with entry to car parks.

It normally contains more information than in this year's book because the Pandemic has affected opening times etc. We have kept last year's book for reference. Entrance this year is by booking on the NT website  and limited numbers of slots are released on the Friday of each preceding week. (to prevent block bookings). We haven't found any difficulty in getting bookings.

We used the website booking system several times last year to visit parks and gardens and thoroughly enjoyed each one. Because they are limiting the numbers of visitors this year, the parks and gardens are particularly quiet, 

Posted on 06/03/2021 22:32

Err !! That's not the info' i require undecided I want to know more before (IF) i join .No point joining if i can't access or stay a while !!    !!  surprised.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook