Canada Prize Draw - Terms and Conditions
British Columbia, Canada Motorhome Holiday Prize Draw
Terms and Conditions
How do I enter the prize draw?
The Member Prize Draw is a free prize draw for Caravan and Motorhome Club members. All Caravan and Motorhome Club members who hold a current and active membership status (of Active, invite to renew, renewal pending, advanced cancellation) at 23:59 on 31 December 2021 will be automatically entered into the draw unless they have specifically opted out via the opt out form on the landing page.
Non-members who join the Caravan and Motorhome Club on or before 23:59 on 31 December 2021 will also be eligible to be entered into the prize draw.
Details of The prize
The prize is one motorhome holiday for two people to British Columbia, Canada, the Caravan and Motorhome Club’s ‘British Columbia's Sea to Sky independent motorhome tour’ for 20 days including the use of a Fraserway C-Medium motorhome.
- The prize is being supplied by our partners at Destination British Columbia and has a value of £7500.
- Entrants to the prize draw must be aged 25 or over, due to age restrictions for driving a motorhome in Canada
- The holiday starts on Saturday 4th June 2022 and the prize winner must be able to fly from London Heathrow on that day
- The holiday dates and inclusions are not amendable and no alternative holiday or cash prize will be given.
- If the prize winner is unable to travel on the dates of the holiday, a different winner will be selected at random and offered the prize and be able to meet the full terms and conditions.
- The prize winner and/or their companion must be willing and able to drive a motorhome during the holiday and must hold a valid UK driving licence, which needs to be presented when picking up the motorhome.
- The prize winner and their companion must have valid passports for the duration of the holiday
- The prize winner and their companion will need to comply with all entry requirements set by the Canadian government and border authority, which includes applying for an Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA) before you travel and being granted permission to visit Canada. Any failure to apply for the eTA or subsequent refusal of entry by the Canadian authorities is outside of our control and would mean the forfeiture of the prize.
- The prize also includes: Mileage up to 1000km, Convenience Kits, Household Items and Tools, Kitchen Items, Bedding and towels, Prep Fee, Basic tool kit, Biodegradable toilet paper (2 Rolls), Fresh water and sewer hose, Full propane tank, Power cord with 15 amp adapter, Rubber gloves, Spare 15 amp fuses, Toilet chemicals, Insurance - Basic Cover, Collision Damage Reduction Reduced from $7,500 per incident to $750. Collision Damage Waiver CDW reduces the renters responsibility for damages covered by the CDR from £$750 to $0.
Details of how to enter the competition
- The prize draw will be run between 09:00 on 11 October 2021 and will end at 23:59 on 31 December 2021 by which time any person wishing to be opted out of the prize draw must opt out via the link on the dedicated landing page: camc.com/canadaprizedraw. Any person who joins the Caravan and Motorhome Club between these dates and is a full and current member on the closing time and date (23:59 on 31 December 2021) of the prize draw will be automatically eligible for the prize draw. The attached Terms have been drafted such that ‘Opening Date’ and ‘Closing Date’ are defined terms in the Rules.
- The winner will be drawn at random between 04 January 2021 and 31 January 2021, and will be notified via telephone and/or email no later than 15 February 2022. The selected winner must be able to comply with all the requirements stated under the section 'Details of the prize’, failure to do so will result in the prize being passed on to another member selected at random from the eligible data.
- The prize draw is a Caravan and Motorhome Club member exclusive prize draw.
- For full terms and conditions of entry, please visit our website at camc.com/offers/competitions
The Terms and Conditions (published on the website and referred to in all rules)
- These general terms and conditions (these Terms) apply to all competitions, including prize draws and competitions undertaken by The Caravan Club Limited whose registered office is East Grinstead House, London Road, East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 1UA and whose company number is 00646027, trading as the Caravan and Motorhome Club (the Club).
- These Terms must be read in accordance with the entry rules for each competition which set out details of the nature of the competition, include a description of the prize(s) to be won and explain how members can enter (the Rules).
- All competitions to which these Terms apply are conducted and promoted by the Club. References in these Terms to a “Competition” relate to the competition set out in the Rules relating to the prize you are seeking to win.
- These Terms and the Rules together form the whole contract governing the Competition and your entry into the Competition, and by entering the Competition you confirm that you agree to be bound by these Terms and the Rules.
- All entries to a Competition must be made as specified in the Rules, and where posted must be received at the specified address prior to the date and time when entries to the Competition close. No means of entry not specified in the Rules or in these Terms will be accepted.
- Entries must contain the entrant’s full and correct name, address and membership number to be valid.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter the Competition and there is no fee payable for entering a Competition or receiving the prize. Please note that there may be costs associated in accepting the prize. For example, if the prize is a pitch at a caravan site, the winner is responsible for making their own way to the site.
- The Club will not be liable for any non-receipt of entries and takes no responsibility for any entries that are lost, delayed, illegible, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid. If submitted by post, entry forms must be originals. Proof of posting or emailing is not proof of receipt.
- Only one entry per household is permitted in each Competition. An e-mail address may be used only once in relation to any one Competition.
- Entries to a Competition containing false details will be invalid as will any entries that are made by automated means or mechanically.
- Any breach of these Terms will result in rejection of the entry or, if the draw has taken place, the entry will be void, as will any misrepresentations or fraudulent statements made in the course of entering the Competition.
- No Competitions are open to employees of the the Club, members of their families, agents or any other person(s) or company connected in any way with the promotion or organisation of a Competition.
- All entrants to Competitions must be residents of the United Kingdom of Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands, or Republic of Ireland.
- The person submitting the entry into the Competition must be at least 18 years of age.
- The Prize
- The prizes will be as described in the Rules for each Competition. A prize will only include those elements described in the Rules and no associated elements will be paid for by the Club.
- The Club reserves the right to withdraw a prize or provide alternative prizes of equal or greater value. In all cases the Club's decision is final. No cash alternative will be offered in whole or in part in respect of any prize. The prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and may not be deferred. In the event that a prize is supplied by a third party and the prize is withdrawn following the draw, the Club shall not offer any alternative prize or compensation in respect of the lost prize or any indirect or consequential losses.
- Winner Announcement
- The Club will randomly select a winner (or winners) from the valid entries within the timeframe set out in the Rules for the relevant Competition. If there is more than one prize the first prize will be allocated to the first entry drawn and so on until all of the prizes are allocated. This selection will be final; there is no right of appeal or discussion.
- In those competitions for which entries require a correct answer in order to be valid (including, for example, completing a crossword), all entries received within the timeframe set out in the Rules will be entered into the random draw, but only entries with correct answers will be eligible to win. If an entry without the correct answer is selected in the random draw it will be discarded and the Club will continue the random selection until an entry with the correct answer is drawn.
- The Club will notify the winner by contacting them via email, telephone, post or Facebook, using the contact details provided by the entrant when entering into the Competition within 30 days of the Closing Date (as specified in the Rules).
- The Club will send the name and county of the winner to anyone who writes within 30 days after the Closing Date of the Competition naming the specific competition and requesting the details of the winner and who encloses a self-addressed envelope to the address set out in Section 1 above.
- Claiming the Prize
The winner must claim the prize according to the instructions as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of the date of the Club sending the notification. Any prize which is unclaimed after 30 days of notification will be offered to another entrant following a further draw or the prize may be withdrawn from the relevant Competition at the absolute discretion of the Club. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
- Limitation of Liability
Except for any liability arising in relation to death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of the Club or its employees, the Club shall have no liability in respect of any loss, harm or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential loss) arising in connection with any Competition to any person who has made or wished to make and entry into the Competition or to any third party.
- Ownership of competition entries and intellectual property rights
By submitting an entry to a Competition you agree that the Club may, but is not required to, make your entry available on its website (https://www.camc.com) and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the Competition or the advertising of its goods or services. You agree to grant the Club a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the Competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, reformat and sub-licence the Competition entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
- Data Protection
- If you are the winner of the competition, you agree that the Club may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes. If the Competition prize provider or sponsor is a third party, the Club may also share this information with them to enable the administration of the competition and for publicity purposes.
- By entering a Competition you agree that your personal details may be stored and otherwise processed by the Club for the purposes of administering the Competition.
- If a photograph, article or other submission for a Competition is published in the Club’s monthly members’ magazine, once the magazine has been published and distributed it will not be possible to remove any personal information.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Club may, at its sole discretion, exclude you from participating in the Competition.
- The Club reserves the right at any time to cancel or change a Competition in any way if, at its sole discretion, it considers it necessary to do so.
- The Competitions and these Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms and/or the Competition shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.