With its outstanding heritage, a beautiful coastline and mountains for all seasons, Aquitaine is one of the largest and most varied regions of France.
The Dordogne area is famous worldwide for its beautiful countryside and history with many prehistoric sites to visit.
The region benefits from mild temperatures all year round, making it a wonderful place to stay during any season whether relaxing on the beach or exploring the mountains and wooded valleys to find hidden traditional villages.
Major towns and cities
- Bordeaux – the capital city of Aquitaine
- Bayonne – ideal access to the Pyrenees Mountains and the Atlantic coast
- Mont de Marsan – located in the centre of the largest forest in Europe
- Biaritz – the beaches have made this town a prime destination for surfers
- St Emilion – fascinating churches and ruins stretch along the steep and narrow street
- Dune du Pilat – the highest dune in Europe, incredible panoramic views
- Château de Commarque – a medieval fortified encampment
- Lascaux - a UNESCO site of prehistoric caves
How do I book an overseas site?
Overseas campsite bookings can easily be made on the Club website and "combined deals" are common when you book a campsite at the same time as your ferry crossing. Booking online means you save the £10 Contact Centre booking fee.
Does the Club take deposits for overseas bookings?
Yes, deposits for overseas bookings are calculated at 20% for a site and 25% for a ferry (unless it is a non-refundable ferry/Eurotunnel in which case full payment is due at time of booking). The final balance is due 10 weeks prior to travel.
Is the standard of overseas sites similar to that of the UK?
European campsites are star-rated by their own local authorities and can have different standards and regulations to the UK. However, the Club's travel team handpick and inspect our campsites so that members can be sure of a high standard.
This is my first visit abroad with my caravan/motorhome. How can the Club help?
The Club's first time abroad section explains everything you need to know about going on your first overseas touring holiday.