A great historical region of France, Burgundy is famous for its fine and expensive wines.
The area’s colourful history has produced a rich heritage of Romanesque architecture, still standing as testaments to the skilled labourers of the time.
After a long day of sightseeing and exploring all that the region has to offer, round the evening off by trying one of the many local liqueurs. Marcs liqueur is very popular in Burgundy but also well known outside of France and has been matured for years in oak casks to get its rich flavour.
Major towns and cities
- Auxerre – the River Yonne is the main focal point of this historical port town
- Beaune – this walled city is known as the centre for Burgundy wines
- Dijon– capital city of Burgundy, filled with medieval and Renaissance buildings
- Chalon sur Saône – an old town with a picturesque centre and ancient narrow streets
- Musee de L’Hotel-Dieu – A historical hospital dating back to the 15th century
- St Madeleine – a huge medieval cathedral dominating the village of Vezelay
- L’Abbaye de Fontenay – one of the oldest Cistercian abbeys in Europe
- Cathedrale St-Etienne – the oldest of the Gothic cathedrals in France
How do I book an overseas site?
Overseas site bookings can be made online or by phoning 01342 316 101. Discounts are common when you combine a site booking with your ferry.
Does the Club take deposits for overseas bookings?
You can choose to pay a £75 deposit on campsite bookings, if your departure date is over eight weeks away. The outstanding balance must be cleared eight weeks before travel.
Is the standard of overseas sites similar to that of the UK?
European sites are star-rated by local authorities and will have different standards and regulations to the UK. The Club's site inspectors ensure they are of a high standard for our members.
How do I purchase Camping Cheques?
A minimum of five Camping Cheques must be bought along with a ferry crossing as a package. You can purchase your cheques and ferry via the Club by calling the Travel Team on 01342 316 101.
This is my first visit abroad with my caravan/motorhome. How can the Club help?
The Club's first time abroad section explains everything you need to know about going on your first overseas touring holiday.