‘Le Centre’ can more aptly be described as being the centre section of northern France.
Referred to as the ‘garden of France’, much of its produce consists of quality fruits and vegetables. It is also renowned for its beautiful flowered parks and gardens. Savouring the colour, scent and peacefulness on an afternoon stroll makes wonderful holiday memories.
The Loire Valley is the main feature of the region with many sights and activities to enjoy. The Loire River provides a stunning centrepiece to the region and creates ideal opportunities for canoeing, kayaking, walking and cycling. The wealth of impressive chateaux and historic towns has welcomed many poets and writers seeking inspiration.
Major towns and cities
- Tours – Site of the Paris-Tours road bicycle race and largest city in the region
- Orléans – The town boasts many historical sites and pretty streets to explore
- Chateauroux – enjoys a tranquil, laid-back atmosphere for holidaymakers
- Olivet – Glimpses of castles and water mills can be found in this old commune
- Chateau de Chenonceau – Country villa inspired by the Italian Renaissance
- Loire Valley – France’s biggest UNESCO-listed site
- Cathédrale de Chartres – High-Gothic art and architecture to view at this popular spot
- Chateau de Villandry – Famous gardens encompass this classical countryside villa
How do I book an overseas site?
Overseas campsite bookings can easily be made on the Club website and "combined deals" are common when you book a campsite at the same time as your ferry crossing. Booking online means you save the £10 Contact Centre booking fee.
Does the Club take deposits for overseas bookings?
Yes, deposits for overseas bookings are calculated at 20% for a site and 25% for a ferry (unless it is a non-refundable ferry/Eurotunnel in which case full payment is due at time of booking). The final balance is due 10 weeks prior to travel.
Is the standard of overseas sites similar to that of the UK?
European campsites are star-rated by their own local authorities and can have different standards and regulations to the UK. However, the Club's travel team handpick and inspect our campsites so that members can be sure of a high standard.
This is my first visit abroad with my caravan/motorhome. How can the Club help?
The Club's first time abroad section explains everything you need to know about going on your first overseas touring holiday.