‘Le Centre’ can more aptly be described as being the centre section of northern France.
Referred to as the ‘garden of France’, much of its produce consists of quality fruits and vegetables. It is also renowned for its beautiful flowered parks and gardens. Savouring the colour, scent and peacefulness on an afternoon stroll makes wonderful holiday memories.
The Loire Valley is the main feature of the region with many sights and activities to enjoy. The Loire River provides a stunning centrepiece to the region and creates ideal opportunities for canoeing, kayaking, walking and cycling. The wealth of impressive chateaux and historic towns has welcomed many poets and writers seeking inspiration.
Major towns and cities
- Tours – Site of the Paris-Tours road bicycle race and largest city in the region
- Orléans – The town boasts many historical sites and pretty streets to explore
- Chateauroux – enjoys a tranquil, laid-back atmosphere for holidaymakers
- Olivet – Glimpses of castles and water mills can be found in this old commune
- Chateau de Chenonceau – Country villa inspired by the Italian Renaissance
- Loire Valley – France’s biggest UNESCO-listed site
- Cathédrale de Chartres – High-Gothic art and architecture to view at this popular spot
- Chateau de Villandry – Famous gardens encompass this classical countryside villa
How do I book an overseas site?
Overseas site bookings can be made online or by phoning 01342 316 101. Discounts are common when you combine a site booking with your ferry.
Does the Club take deposits for overseas bookings?
You can choose to pay a £75 deposit on campsite bookings, if your departure date is over eight weeks away. The outstanding balance must be cleared eight weeks before travel.
Is the standard of overseas sites similar to that of the UK?
European sites are star-rated by local authorities and will have different standards and regulations to the UK. The Club's site inspectors ensure they are of a high standard for our members.
How do I purchase Camping Cheques?
A minimum of five Camping Cheques must be bought along with a ferry crossing as a package. You can purchase your cheques and ferry via the Club by calling the Travel Team on 01342 316 101.
This is my first visit abroad with my caravan/motorhome. How can the Club help?
The Club's first time abroad section explains everything you need to know about going on your first overseas touring holiday.