Found in the central region of the South of France, this area benefits from the warm Mediterranean weather, but with a quieter coastline than neighbouring Provence. A largely unspoilt area, it feels very traditionally French and enjoys a slower pace of life.
The towns and villages of Languedoc-Roussillon are some of the most beautiful in France with historical buildings and fortified ancient battlements going back over a thousand years. It has also been a major centre of rugby league since the sport was introduced to France in the 1930s.
Major towns and cities
- Montpellier – regional capital with a historical centre
- Nimes – an old city with narrow streets and ancient Roman remains
- Perpignan – a 10th-century medieval town
- Carcassonne – a fortified town, popular with tourists and the site of a medieval fortress
- Chateau de Queribus – one of the best preserved castles in the region
- Grotte de Demoiselles – spectacular limestone cave systems to explore
- Jardins de La Fontaine – filled with history, fountains, statues and Roman ruins
- Gorges de Galamus – breathtaking canyons can be enjoyed by car or on foot
How do I book an overseas site?
Overseas site bookings can be made online. Discounts are common when you combine a site booking with your ferry or Eurotunnel crossing.
Does the Club take deposits for overseas bookings?
Yes, deposits for overseas bookings are calculated at 20% for a site and 25% for a ferry (unless it is a non-refundable ferry/Eurotunnel in which case full payment is due at time of booking). The final balance is due 10 weeks prior to travel.
Is the standard of overseas sites similar to that of the UK?
European campsites are star-rated by their own local authorities and can have different standards and regulations to the UK. However, the Club's travel team handpick and inspect our campsites so that members can be sure of a high standard.
This is my first visit abroad with my caravan/motorhome. How can the Club help?
The Club's first time abroad section explains everything you need to know about going on your first overseas touring holiday.