The Pyrénées is a stunning region of south-western France; a natural wilderness of unspoilt countryside and wide open spaces which are perfect for exploration.
Located between the Atlantic and the Mediterranean, the region boasts some breathtaking landmarks and with the Pyrénées as a back drop there will be some stunning photo opportunities.
You will find colourful buildings in historical towns, vineyards, rivers and canals making up the landscape of this region. Snow-capped mountain peaks sit nestled alongside green valleys, forests and crystal clear lakes. Mountain streams are brimming with freshwater fish and for birdwatchers it is one of Europe's last natural habitats for golden eagles.
A must see is the Millau Viaduct that spans the valley of the River Tarn and is currently the tallest bridge in the world and is ranked as one of the great engineering achievements of all time.
Major towns and cities
- Toulouse – a beautiful metropolis
- Albi – there are many significant cultural and medieval sites to see within this city
- Cordes-sur-Ciel – a fortified and historical hillside town
- Lourdes – a small market town in the Pyrénées foothills
- Roquefort – produces a famous blue cheese
- Sanctuary of Our Lady of Lourdes – a peaceful atmosphere and stunning architecture
- Grotte du Pech-Merle – stunning caves containing prehistoric paintings
- Château de Montsegur – enjoy walking and exploring the castle and surrounding village
- Theatre du Capitole – a grand theatre with impressive paintings, statues and architecture
How do I book an overseas site?
Overseas site bookings can be made online or by phoning 01342 316 101. Discounts are common when you combine a site booking with your ferry.
Does the Club take deposits for overseas bookings?
You can choose to pay a £75 deposit on campsite bookings, if your departure date is over eight weeks away. The outstanding balance must be cleared eight weeks before travel.
Is the standard of overseas sites similar to that of the UK?
European sites are star-rated by local authorities and will have different standards and regulations to the UK. The Club's site inspectors ensure they are of a high standard for our members.
How do I purchase Camping Cheques?
A minimum of five Camping Cheques must be bought along with a ferry crossing as a package. You can purchase your cheques and ferry via the Club by calling the Travel Team on 01342 316 101.
This is my first visit abroad with my caravan/motorhome. How can the Club help?
The Club's first time abroad section explains everything you need to know about going on your first overseas touring holiday.