Poitou Charentes caravan and motorhome sites
Poitou-Charentes is well known for being one of the sunniest parts of western France due to its great climate.
Discover the famous and unique Marais Poitevin - a large area of marshland which connects the Poitou and the Vendée. Take a stroll around the historic port of La Rochelle; which offers fine restaurants and plenty of attractions.
Travel through the diverse countryside to see the sunflower fields, elegant chateaux, historic towns and take a walk along the sandy beaches; this is a region well worth investigating when touring France.
Major towns and cities
- Cognac – famous for its French spirit of the same name
- La Rochelle – a lively city with maritime connections
- Poitiers – picturesque streets full of historical and religious architecture
- Rochefort – home to a unique style of bridge and known for its beer breweries
- Saintes – a small town with Celtic origins found on the banks of the Charente River
- Towers of La Rochelle – fortified landmarks looking out to the Atlantic
- Monolithic Church of Saint-Jean – a church that has been carved into the rock of a cave
- Cordouan Lighthouse – a visually impressive lighthouse with a spectacular view
- Château de La Roche-Courbon – a historical castle built in the 15th century
How do I book an overseas site?
Overseas site bookings can be made online. Discounts are common when you combine a site booking with your ferry or Eurotunnel crossing.
Does the Club take deposits for overseas bookings?
Yes, deposits for overseas bookings are calculated at 20% for a site and 25% for a ferry (unless it is a non-refundable ferry/Eurotunnel in which case full payment is due at time of booking). The final balance is due 10 weeks prior to travel.
Is the standard of overseas sites similar to that of the UK?
European sites are star-rated by local authorities and will have different standards and regulations to the UK. The Club's site inspectors ensure they are of a high standard for our members.
This is my first visit abroad with my caravan/motorhome. How can the Club help?
The Club's first time abroad section explains everything you need to know about going on your first overseas touring holiday.