El Astral (REF : E03)
Camino de Pollos, 8, Tordesillas, Valladolid, 47100 , SpainView on map
Why stay here ...
El Astral, a first category campsite with a friendly, english speaking owner, is open all year round. It offers a fantastic grill restaurant serving traditional Castillian recipes, swimming pools, multisport courts, mini-golf, tennis and very large green spaces. Set amid Tordesilas, this pretty town is just 10 minutes walk away and is a good place to start exploring as it has a wealth of Spanish history including the Alhambra of Castille. The campsite also boasts a peaceful location adjacent to the Duero River. This site’s easy access from all routes makes it a great stop-over option on the way to Portugal or the Costa Blanca. The bus station is 5-10 minutes walk away, and has services to Valladolid, which is just 30kms away. Other exciting excursions include Salamanca, Ourense and Madrid, and you can also join visits to local wine caves throughout the year.
Around & About
Urena, Valladolid, Salamanca, Burgos, Madrid, Vineyards, Golf, Fishing, Canoeing, Bike hire, Horse riding.
Latest arrival time - low: 10:00 PM
Latest arrival time - high: 10:00 PM
Earliest departure time - low: 8:00 AM
Earliest departure time - high: 8:00 AM
From the A6 take exit 179 signed Tordesillas (sur). Continue for 1.5 miles/2.5km and at the roundabout take the 3rd exit on the N620 sign posted “Salamanca”. In 60m turn right down an un-paved road and the site entrance will be on the right in 500m.
- Distance to Calais: (kms)
- Lat 41.495705 / Lon -5.005099
- Michelin map no.
- Buses go to: Madrid, Valladolid
- Daily public transport within 2 kms
- Nearest port: Santander (179 kms)
Here‘s some additional info that you’ll find useful if visiting in the winter months
- This is the perfect site for a peaceful break in low season
- Whilst the pool is closed in low season, the restaurant and shop remain open
- The toilet block facilities remain well kept with plenty of hot water throughout the quieter months
- Only hardstanding pitches are available during the winter period
This site may have limited facilities open in low season.
Log in to write a review