Los Laos s/n, San Vicente de la Barquera, 39540, SpainView on map
Why stay here ...
Located on the north coast near Santander and open all year, this site is run by husband and wife team Pablo and Maria. Both English speaking and always providing an excellent service, their campsite is friendly and welcoming with pitches set on wide terraces and spotless facilities.
The site is popular in high season and provides plenty of amenities for families, including a pool and sunbathing area, a playground, a well-stocked shop and a restaurant. The beautiful beach is a 15-minute walk.
The spectacular Picos de Europa mountains are easily reached from the site and there are lots of good walking trails that enable visitors to admire the scenery. Buses run to the neighbouring town of Comillas, which is home to the remarkable El Capricho house, designed by Gaudí. The local town square also has plenty of cafés serving fantastic chocolate and churros.
Around & About
San Vicente de la Barquera, Picos de Europa National Park, Santander, Santillana del Mar, Picos de Europa, Oyambre Natural Park, Oviedo, Bilbao, Cycling, Hiking, Horse riding, Surfing, Golf, Coastal walks.
From the A8 take exit 258 towards Lamadrid/Roiz/Caviedes. At the roundabout take the 3rd exit towards Roiz/Caviedes and join the N634. At next roundabout take the 3rd exit towards San Vincente. Continue on the D634 passing through Lamadrid then take a right turn towards La Revilla/Comillas on the CA131 (blue and white camping sign). Site entrance will be on left hand side in 2 miles
- Distance to Calais: (kms)
- Lat 43.385154 / Lon -4.338321
- Michelin map no.
- Buses go to: Comillas, Santillana del Mar
- Daily public transport within 2 kms
- Nearest port: Santander (37 kms)
Here‘s some additional info that you’ll find useful if visiting in the winter months
- During the quieter months, the bar and restaurant are closed and not all facilities are available.
- Bread and fresh milk is available daily on-site.
- The site is open on request for those looking to stopover before or after their ferry, but 3 days notice is needed between 15 October and 30 November.
Log in to write a review