El Molino de Cabúerniga
Sopeña, Cabúerniga, 39510, SpainView on map
Why stay here ...
Situated in the Cabuérniga valley with outstanding vistas of the surrounding mountain range, this gem of a campsite is an open grassy meadow with trees. The Saja river runs adjacent to the site, offering idyllic walks, swimming and fishing in summer. One of the campsite’s main features is its unique stone buildings and artefacts with a traditional Spanish feel. Cantabria offers cities, beaches and mountains, and the surrounding area is not only great for relaxing but also for indulging in active pursuits such as mountain climbing and biking, walking and swimming. The campsite offers spotless sanitary blocks, a wonderful playground in a rustic setting and a pleasant bar serving traditional breakfasts and ‘bocadillos’ (sandwiches) for lunch.
Around and About
Santander, Cabúerniga, Saja de Saya Natural Park, San Vicente de la Barquera, Comillas, Beautiful sorrounding towns, Santillana del Mar, Fitness centre/Spa, Cycling, Hiking, Bird watching.
Latest arrival time - low: 10:00 PM
Latest arrival time - high: 10:00 PM
Earliest departure time - low: 8:00 AM
Earliest departure time - high: 8:00 AM
From the A8 take exit 249 towards Comillas/Cabezon (CA135/CA180). At the roundabout take the 4th exit towards Cabezon on the CA135. At next roundabout take the 2nd exit on to the N634 towards Cabezon. At the 3rd roundabout take the 1st exit towards Cabuerniga on the CA180. Continue on the CA180 for 7 miles. Take left hand turn (SP 400m Sopena/campsite) continue to follow small blue and white signs to the site.
The best access is in the Km 11.200 on the CA180 next to the Civil Guar (Guardia Civil) headquarters and then follow the Camping signs.
Be aware if following google sugestions (shortest route) will take you thorugh a road without the camping signs.
- Distance to Calais: (kms)
- Lat 43.227109 / Lon -4.289666
- Michelin map no.
- Buses go to: Cabezon de la Sal
- Daily public transport within 2 kms
- Nearest port: Santander (50 kms)
Here‘s some additional info that you’ll find useful if visiting in the winter months
- This is the perfect site for a peaceful break in low season.
- The toilet block facilities are well-heated throughout winter
- The owner can prepare walks and cycle routes for people. There are companies nearby which organise guided routes too.
- This site may have limited facilities open in low season.
- Use of BBQs is not permitted on pitches when windy.
- The main access road to the site is narrow and requires care.
Log in to write a review