Home Insurance

lesandang replied on 01/12/2023 14:55

Posted on 01/12/2023 14:55

Not really a discussion but we feel that we must recommend the Club's Home Insurance! We have sadly had our home broken into and the service we have received from the Insurance Company has been excellent! A horrible experience but so nice to be able to praise a Club product.

DavidKlyne replied on 01/12/2023 16:42

Posted on 01/12/2023 16:42

Sorry to hear about your experience with the break in but good to know you were looked after by the club insurance. We use the Club for our home insurance so good to know.

David

eurortraveller replied on 01/12/2023 20:48

Posted on 01/12/2023 20:48

I am sorry you had a bad experience, but Thank you for the insurance recommendation - but who actually gave good service?
The Club is simply an agent selling home insurance on behalf of Devitts, and they are simply  brokers passing on insurance to any one of a number of insurance companies. So which insurer actually  insured you and paid out on your policy, and where in that chain of agent, broker and insurer did you get such good service?

lesandang replied on 02/12/2023 08:51

Posted on 02/12/2023 08:51

Ageos! Went directly to them as we were away in the caravan at the time and were able to access our policy via our phones. Perhaps not everyone is signed up with the same company via the Club's Brokers, sorry hadn't thought of that. Anyway, if you find your policy is with Ageos, you can rest assured that the service is excellent.

Also, would like to mention the team on Black Knowl who were very supportive!

DSB replied on 06/12/2023 15:02

Posted on 06/12/2023 15:02

So sorry to hear about the break-in, but glad you have had good service from the Club's Insurance.  Fortunately, I've never had to claim, but we have used the Home insurance with the Club for a few years now.  As far as I can work out, the House policy with the Club is one of the few that will cover your house for 3 months of 'continuous un-occupancy' without someone having to go into the house and check.  We don't go away for 3 months at a time, but we have been away for 2 months + in the past.

David

peedee replied on 07/12/2023 07:13

Posted on 07/12/2023 07:13

I was with the Club for just one this year. When it came to renewal there was an increase of nearly £200 so I kicked it into touch and went with LV for little to no increase. Prior to this, in 2022, I was with the C&CC but when they did not answer their phones they got kicked into touch as well.

peedee

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook