BIP&Go toll tag the cheapest!

footlooserv replied on 18/03/2024 16:31

Posted on 18/03/2024 16:31

I have just got for France/Portugal and Spain the Bip&Go toll tag. Cheaper than the Club tag offered and no annual fee etc. For the months you use it 1.7 euros + tolls. They will also email you if you go through  one of the new  auto scanners with no barriers and your tag has not been read - you can then go on line and pay before a fine. (note the Club tag has a fee if you need more areas than Franc) You do however have delivery charges from France of 10 euros.

They also except my Wise.com currency account (Ulys tag did not) so I pay in local currency of euros and no UK bank extra charges! I just make sure I have euros in the account. There exchange rates are far better than banks as well.

Hope this helps some fellow travellers.

Whittakerr replied on 18/03/2024 21:17

Posted on 18/03/2024 21:17

Hi footlooserv. I've had a Bip & Go toll tag for the last 3 years and its always worked perfectly and never had an issue with payments. I would certainly recommend it 

NutsyH replied on 19/03/2024 14:36

Posted on 19/03/2024 14:36

Hmmm. I tried to buy a bip and go tag, but they wouldn't accept my UK credit card. I bought a Tollbird from Germany without a problem, and its cheaper than B & G (I think). Also includes Italy. I now have a HSBC Global Money Card, which is similar to the Wise mentioned above.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook