Nobody wants to buy insurance - we do it because it makes
financial sense to protect our property. A motor caravan represents
a major financial commitment, so it makes sense to look after it
and get good quality insurance protection.
It is tempting to look for the cheapest possible quote, and
nobody wants to pay more than necessary, but cheapest may not
always be the best. Unfortunately, we often don't find out how good
our insurance is until we have to make a claim.
Many people think that all insurance policies are the same and
that one insurer is much like another, but nothing could be further
from the truth.
Motor caravan policies vary in the cover that they offer and
there can be huge differences in the standards of claims service
between insurance schemes.
Specialist schemes, such as The Caravan Club, will usually have
a better understanding of your needs than an insurer or broker that
operates across a wide range of markets.
Motorhome insurance checklist
- Compare levels of cover - read the policy wording or at least a
summary of cover
- Ask trusted friends about their insurance experiences
- Get several quotes, but make sure they are on a like-for-like
basis, eg. with the same excesses and cover limits
- Make sure you get any discounts you qualify for, and remember
that you can often reduce premiums by choosing a higher voluntary
- If you tour abroad, check how much continental cover you get
with your policy
- Always speak to The Club - we have the interests of our members
at heart, not just selling insurance