I love Dogs me...

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 26/08/2014 17:37

Posted on 26/08/2014 17:37

Welcome to all Dog lovers & generally Canine minded Folk. I have started this to enable a Thread to be used-in the Pet section with a title 'I love Dogs' so there will be no problems with attracting the right Posters, and the 'wrong Posters' give it a swerverCool. I am mainly a working Dog Lover, I have had-J/Russells, Retrievers, Lurchers. Currently have 2 White Cockapoo's. Mum & Daughter. Not my kind of Dogs(at first) the OH fell in love with the Breed a year after losing the Retriever. Now I couldn't imagine life without them. You either love Dogs or don't, if you do then life without them really is empty. I feel for the none Dog Folk, not knowing the joys of owning Dogs. But I'm not stupid enough to believe just because I love em everyone should. So if you would like to talk Canine, please be my guestSmile

Tinwheeler replied on 08/05/2024 11:41

Posted on 08/05/2024 11:41

I’d like to see your dogs chasing the Typhoons!

It's upsetting for you and your dogs when Ty reacts so badly to the fireworks. The poor boy must be so distressed. I’m with you on banning the general sale of fireworks and, although I believe there are laws restricting the times/dates they can be let off, it seems not to be enforced.

Btw, you can choose your own user name in My Profile at the head of the page.

joanie replied on 10/05/2024 11:39

Posted on 10/05/2024 11:39

years ago I wrote to my MP re. fireworks . There are laws regarding fireworks, first they came under the explosive acts. The latest one was , I think , in 2004. They cannot be any louder than 120 decibels. Did you know that what you hear at 20 feet , a dog can hear the same sound at 80 feet , so it's no wonder dogs get scared.  

The reason , I was told as to why the government wont ban or put any further measures re. fireworks is because if they did then people would look to foreign places  to buy and the gov. wouldn't have the control over them.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook