CL info on website

Hja replied on 01/02/2024 16:55

Posted on 01/02/2024 16:55

Well I may have missed an update announcement when the Club were doing all the updates to the revised website, but I have now discovered that all the original CL info is easily accessible on the website.  When you identify a CL (I did it from the map) you get a page for the CL with a tab for prices and directions which now includes all the other info - pictures, details, reviews etc. which was previously missing unless you went via the search facility.

I am flagging this up in case others, like me, had missed this update.  I was really cross about that lack of a link when they updated the website. I have been using search for sites to identify possible sites. I still will, to some extent, because it obviously has all those other sites that exist.

But at least all that CL info is now there!

Hja replied on 01/02/2024 21:04

Posted on 01/02/2024 20:34 by DavidKlyne

Hja

Has that information not always been there? I think there was an issue about getting full information using the App, as there was with the main Club sites. This link https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/uk-holidays/uk-search-and-book/certificated-locations/ takes you to the CL search which is the one I have always used.

David

Posted on 01/02/2024 21:04

When the new website was launched and there were all the problems, if you remember the only way to get full CL details was putting the site name into the search facility.  There were lots of complaints about not seeing full info when you selected the site anywhere on the website through the various find a site facilities. All the updates cam and went, but not that one.  All good now.  All this is to do with the web site as I dont use the App.

Skybarn Farm CL replied on 03/02/2024 10:43

Posted on 01/02/2024 20:34 by DavidKlyne

Hja

Has that information not always been there? I think there was an issue about getting full information using the App, as there was with the main Club sites. This link https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/uk-holidays/uk-search-and-book/certificated-locations/ takes you to the CL search which is the one I have always used.

David

Posted on 03/02/2024 10:43

David

Yes, you are correct, the search and book facility on the website (not app) was reinstated in the first half of last year (2023) because members were not able to find our CL sites via the app or new website.  CAMC listened to our concerns and agreed to make the old search and book for CL sites available again.  The reinstatement was advertised at the time.

Nicola

Skybarn Farm CL, Lincoln

DavidKlyne replied on 03/02/2024 21:10

Posted on 03/02/2024 10:43 by Skybarn Farm CL

David

Yes, you are correct, the search and book facility on the website (not app) was reinstated in the first half of last year (2023) because members were not able to find our CL sites via the app or new website.  CAMC listened to our concerns and agreed to make the old search and book for CL sites available again.  The reinstatement was advertised at the time.

Nicola

Skybarn Farm CL, Lincoln

Posted on 03/02/2024 21:10

Nicola

Unless I am missing something I don't recall not being able to get into the original CL search. I don't use many CL's (most of the ones I use seem to close soon afterwards so perhaps a good idea I don't use manysurprised) I have never been a slave to the App which some on Social Media seem to be as I much prefer to use my desktop and as I say I don't recall not being able to search via the link I provided. 

David

peedee replied on 04/02/2024 07:01

Posted on 04/02/2024 07:01

I can see what HJA is saying, I have not noticed this before but you can now infact get CL details from the "Book a Campsite" menu after ticking include CL box either from the map by clicking on the CL of interest or searching by name.

peedee

Hja replied on 04/02/2024 10:42

Posted on 04/02/2024 07:01 by peedee

I can see what HJA is saying, I have not noticed this before but you can now infact get CL details from the "Book a Campsite" menu after ticking include CL box either from the map by clicking on the CL of interest or searching by name.

peedee

Posted on 04/02/2024 10:42

Yes that is what I am getting at. I obviously didn’t explain very well. It is a good development, whenever it was reinstated.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook