Top questions

Are CLs affected by the new COVID lockdown in South Wales?

All CLs in the lockdown area will also temporarily close from tomorrow evening.  If you have booked a CL from 22 September to 6 October, you may be contacted by them directly, if not, please contact them for further information.  For details on the affected area please click on the Welsh Government website here

Has the Tredegar House Country Park campsite closed?

The Welsh Government has announced a local COVID lockdown in Newport County area of South Wales. Under Welsh Government regulations we will have to temporarily close the Tredegar House Country Park from 6pm 22 September 2020 until the lockdown has been lifted. No further bookings will be taken for the campsite until 6 October at the earliest. If you have a pitch booked between 22 September and 6 October you will be contacted and advised of other alternative Club campsites.  If you are travelling through the lockdown area to reach a destination outside of the area then you will be able to travel through but only if there is no alternative route available.

How do I join the Caravan and Motorhome Club?

You can join online or by calling 01342 318 813, Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm. You can also join at Club Sites, at our caravanning shows or pick up an application leaflet at most UK caravan dealers.

How much does membership cost?

Membership of the Caravan and Motorhome Club (previously The Caravan Club) costs £54 a year (for you, a partner, and children under 18). There is an additional £10 joining fee unless you pay by Direct Debit. Add more family members (over 18 years old) for £8 per person. Join the Club online today.

What are the benefits of joining the Caravan and Motorhome Club?

Membership of the Caravan and Motorhome Club (formerly The Caravan Club) gives you access to our entire sites network, including thousands of privately owned 5-van sites (Certificated Locations), plus you’ll save £12 per night by no longer paying the non-member site fee. You can also take out Caravan Cover and a range of insurance products, and can enjoy discounts on a range of products and services. Find out more about the benefits of joining the Club here.

Is Classifieds just for Club members?

Whether you are a Caravan and Motorhome Club member, non-member or dealer, you can place an ad with us. Club member's adverts can be identified by a member symbol.

What insurance and financial services does the Caravan and Motorhome Club offer?

As well as Caravan Cover, the Club offers a range of insurance products including motorhome insurance, car insurance and overseas holiday insurance (including travel and European breakdown cover), as well as UK breakdown cover.

Can I bring my dog or cat to a Club Site?

Household pets like dogs and cats are welcome at all of our sites.

Is Wi-Fi available on all Club Sites?

There are currently 149 sites on our network that have Wi-Fi.

What types of pitch are available?

Pitch surface, size and service options vary with each site. Details can be found on our pitch types page, including which sites have seasonal and storage pitches.

Can non-members book sites online?

Yes, non-members can book selected Club sites as of January.Tent pitches can also be booked online. 

Does the Club own any overseas sites?

We work closely with over 340 campsites which are regularly visited and inspected by Club staff.  We don't own or directly manage any overseas sites. 

How do I book an overseas site?

Overseas site bookings can be made online. Discounts are common when you combine a site booking with your ferry or Eurotunnel crossing.  

Do I need a different driving licence for driving a motorhome or towing a caravan?

Not if you drive a motorhome of up to 7500kg (or 8250kg with a trailer). Limits do apply to drivers aged over 70, or drivers licensed since 1 January 1997. Read our requirements information for details.

Additional help

Can't find what you're looking for? Contact us