Our guide to Club Together
How to register for Club Together
- Go to the registration page.
- Select if you are a member* of The Caravan Club. If yes please enter your membership number and postcode.
- Select 'start registration'.
- Enter in all the fields. Your community screen name is your display name on Club Together and cannot be changed or amended once selected. Your details will be kept safe by us and will not be passed on to anyone else.
- Read through the Community Guidelines and the Club Together terms and conditions and tick to confirm you have read these.
- Once you've registered, an email will be sent to your address with your login details.
- Visit the 'My profile' information page. Please fill in the information about yourself and your interests and add a profile picture of yourself - it makes the community feel friendlier if we have real faces and know more about you.
*If you are a member of The Caravan Club you may have more than one person that lives in your house listed on your membership e.g. your spouse/partner, however one of you will be listed on our system as the lead member. The others will be down as joint or family members. Joint or family members can register to use Club Together and post on discussions, write stories or leave Club Site reviews, only the lead member can make bookings, take out insurance, leave CL reviews or renew a membership online.
How to get started
You can now log in to Club Together as a registered user. You can edit your profile information by visiting 'My Profile' from the Community dropdown menu.
Within ‘My profile' you can select ‘edit your profile’ to update your profile information or change your photo. You can also view your latest activities on the community on the Profile page.
We would really appreciate if you carefully read the Community Guidelines before moving on. The guidelines have been put in place in order to help keep Club Together a happy and friendly community.
Starting a discussion
Feel free to explore our discussion forums, we cover lots of different topics, and when you're ready, why not start your own discussion. To learn more about the atmosphere of Club Together and the way we like to speak to each other, please check out the Community Guidelines.
If you'd like to start a discussion of your own, make your way to the discussion forum you are interested in and start a new discussion by clicking 'create a new discussion' at the top of the page. This will take you to a text box. Enter the title of your discussion in the top box and the main text in the larger box below this. You will have the option to add photos and video to your discussion if you wish. Click 'submit' at the bottom when you are finished. Please note that there is a 10 minute time period after submitting your post to edit your comments.
Replying to a discussion
When viewing a discussion there will be a comment box at the bottom of the page. Enter your reply into the box and then press the 'submit' button at the bottom of the page. You will have the option to add photos and video to your reply if you wish. Make sure you have read it back and you are happy with it before you submit. Please note that there is a 10 minute time period after submitting your post to edit your comments.
Follow and unfollow a discussion
When posting on a discussion you may want to be notified if anyone else also posts on the same thread. You can subscribe to discussions by clicking ‘follow this discussion’ at the top right hand side of the relevant discussion. Please note you will need to be logged into the website to do this. You will then receive an email alert at the end of the day to notify you if the discussions you are following have received further posts.
To stop following the discussion, simply click ‘stop following this discussion’ which is in the same place on the top right hand side of the relevant discussion. This is always on the first page of the discussion and again you need to be logged into the website to unsubscribe. You will then no longer receive the email notification for that discussion.
A good way to get started is by posting an introduction - this will help you to get to know the other members. You'll be met with a very warm welcome.
To do this, go to the Discussions section, then Introductions in Welcome & Hobby Talk. It would be great if you could say a little about yourself and your caravanning life. If you are feeling a little unsure about what to say, have a read of other people's intros to help give you inspiration. Once you've typed your introduction, click the 'submit' button at the bottom of the page.
We would love to hear about you and your experiences with caravanning, motorhoming, camping and touring. Tell us your story, and read the stories of other members.
How to create a story
- When submitting a story please note that your login may time out and your content may be lost as a result. All profiles will automatically time out after 30 minutes of inactivity. As such we recommend you initially write your story in a document and then copy and paste into the text box.
- Go to Your Stories.
- Click on 'submit your own story' at the top of the page.
- Give your story a title.
- Tell your story.
- If you wish, you can add up to five photos. Click on 'select files' and choose an image from your PC.
- Click on 'open'. Your photo is automatically loaded.
- You may also add a video. To do so, copy the URL of your video from YouTube.
- Insert the date of when your story happened.
- You will also have the option to tell us where your story happened. Enter the location (for example post code or Club site) and it will then be displayed on the map.
- Tell us what your story is about from the following options: UK trips, Overseas trips, Rallies, New to caravanning and General.
- Check the information you have included to make sure you are happy with it as there is only a 10 minute time period to edit after submitting. Tip: some people find it helpful to write the story in a word document and then copy and paste into the Your Story section.
- Click submit. Your Story will now be on Club Together.
Commenting on a story
- To comment on a story you must be logged into Club Together.
- Scroll to the bottom of the story you would like to comment on.
- Enter your comment in the 'post a reply' field.
- Click on the 'submit' button.
- Share a story
- You can share any stories you like on:
• Via email
- To do so, click on the relevant icon at the side of the page of the story that you would like to share.
You can leave a review on any of our Club Sites, Affiliated Sites, CL Sites or Overseas Sites on The Caravan Club network.
To leave a review please visit the relevant site details page. Make sure you are logged into the website and have selected your Club Together screen name.
Once you are on the relevant site details page scroll to the bottom of the screen until you reach the review section. Click on the link 'Rate this site'.
You will then be asked to rate the site from the relevant categories, give your review a title and then write your review (although please note that your login will time out after 30 minutes so if you are writing a long review we recommend that you copy and paste this from a Word document). If you are happy with what you have written then press the submit button. Your review will then be displayed.
If you require any further help on Club Together, you can contact the Community Team by emailing email@example.com.