Prize draw terms and conditions
The Caravan Club
Prize Draw terms and conditions
December 2009 Ref: 201694
These general terms and conditions (these Terms) apply to all prize draws undertaken by The Caravan Club Limited whose registered office is East Grinstead House, London Road, East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 1UA and whose company number is 00646027 (The Caravan Club) through print media. These Terms do not apply to
on-line entries into prize competitions which have their own entry terms. These Terms must be read in accordance with the entry rules for each prize draw to which they apply (the Rules).
- These Terms and the Rules together form the whole contract governing the operation and your entry into the relevant prize draw and by entering the Prize Draw you confirm that you agree to be bound by these Terms.
- All prize draws to which these Terms apply are conducted and promoted by The Caravan Club. References in these Terms to a “Prize Draw” relate to the prize draw set out in the Rules relating to the prize you are seeking to win.
- Only members of the Caravan Club are eligible to enter the Prize Draw. Only one entry per membership number is permitted in each Prize Draw. An e-mail address may be used only once in relation to any one Prize Draw.
- Entries to a Prize Draw containing false details will be invalid as will any entries that are made automated or mechanically.
- Any breach of these Terms shall result in rejection of the entry or, if the draw has taken place, the entry shall be void, as shall any misrepresentations or fraudulent statements made in the course of entering a Prize Draw.
- No Prize Draw is open to employees of The Caravan Club, members of their families, agents or any other person(s) or company connected in any way with the promotion or organisation of a Prize Draw.
- All entrants to a Prize Draw must be residents of the United Kingdom of Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands, or Republic of Ireland.
- The person submitting the entry into a Prize Draw shall be at least 18 years of age.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter a Prize Draw and there is no fee payable for entering a Prize Draw or receiving the prize. Please note that there may be costs associated in accepting the prize. For example, if the prize is a pitch at a caravan site, the winner is responsible for making their own way to the site.
- Entries shall be made in accordance with the Rules. This may be by responding in writing by completing the relevant form or responding in another way specified by the Rules. No means of entry not specified in the Rules or in these Terms shall be accepted. Entries must contain the entrant’s full name, address and membership number to be valid.
- The prizes shall be as described in the Rules for each Prize Draw. A prize shall only include those elements described in the Rules and no associated elements shall be paid for by The Caravan Club.
- All entries to a Prize Draw must be made as specified in the Rules, and where posted must be received at the address specified in the Rules prior to the date and time when entries to the Prize Draw close.
- The Caravan Club will not be liable for any non receipt of entries and takes no responsibility for any entries that are lost, delayed, illegible, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid. If submitted by post, entry forms must be original. Proof of posting or emailing is not proof of receipt.
- The Caravan Club will undertake a random draw of entries made to a Prize Draw. The winning entries will be those valid entries which are first drawn. If there is more than one prize the first prize will be allocated to the first entry drawn and so on until all of the prizes are allocated. This selection shall be final there is no right of appeal or discussion.
- The Caravan Club will notify the winner by sending a letter or email to the address provided by the entrant when entering into the Prize Draw by the deadline specified in the Rules.
- The winner must claim the prize according to the instructions in such notification as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of the date of The Caravan Club sending the notification. Any prize which is unclaimed after 30 days of notification will be offered to another entrant following a further draw or the prize may be withdrawn from the relevant Prize Draw at the absolute discretion of The Caravan Club.
- The Caravan Club reserves the right at any time to cancel or change the Prize Draw in any way if, at its sole discretion, it considers it necessary to do so.
- Except for any liability arising in relation to death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of The Caravan Club or its employees, The Caravan Club shall have no liability in respect of any loss, harm or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential loss) arising in connection with any Prize Draw to any person who has made or wished to make and entry into the Prize Draw or any third party.
- The Caravan Club reserves the right to withdraw a prize or provide alternative prizes of equal or greater value. In all cases The Caravan Club's decision is final. No cash alternative will be offered in whole or in part in respect of any prize. The prizes are non-transferrable and may not be deferred.
- In the event that that a prize is supplied by a third party and the prize is withdrawn following the draw, The Caravan Club shall not offer any alternative prize or compensation in respect of the lost prize or any indirect or consequential losses.
- The winner’s name(s) may be published on The Caravan Club’s website or you can write to: The Caravan Club, East Grinstead House, East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 1UA naming the specific Prize Draw and including a stamped self addressed envelope for a list of winners.
- The Prize Draws and these Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms and/or the Prize Draw shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.