Terms and Conditions
- FULLY refundable deposit - up to 21 days before your arrival date
- FREE amendments/cancellations - up to 21 full days before your arrival date
- Switch Club campsites without loss of deposit - anytime before arrival date (original dates must be maintained)
- Please read below for full T&Cs
These terms and conditions (“Booking Conditions”) apply when you book a touring or a camping pitch at one of our UK Club campsites - meaning those that we own or manage (a Club campsite) and, as explained below, also where you book multiple services in such a way so as to create a Package under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018, as amended (the “PTRs”).
By making a booking, the first named person on the booking agrees on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking that:
- they have read these Booking Conditions and has the authority to and does agree to be bound by them;
- they are over 18 years of age and where placing an order for services with age restrictions declares that they, and all members of the party are of the appropriate age to purchase those services;
- they accept financial responsibility for payment of the booking on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking.
If you accept these Booking Conditions, the Club Site Rules and the Keeping Safe on a Club Site, please tick the appropriate box as part of the Club site booking process via the website or Mobile app. When booking via our contact centre or directly with site staff you must accept these Booking Conditions as part of the booking process. If you refuse to accept these Booking Conditions when placing a booking on any of our booking channels, you will not be able to make a booking.
Club members may consult your UK Sites Directory & Handbook or call us on 01342 327 490 for more information relating to these Booking Conditions.
Our obligations to you will vary depending upon whether we act as a principal in a single service booking (i.e. a touring pitch or tent camping pitch only, whether member or non-member) or as a package organiser in the sale of a package (e.g. where you combine a touring pitch and/or tent camping pitch booking with a ferry or train booking either to The Continent or the Isle of Wight); our differing obligations are set out below, in three separate sections:
(A) Section A contains the conditions which will apply to all bookings.
(B) Section B contains the conditions which will apply where you make a single-service booking with us, where we are acting as Principal – most commonly this will be the case where you book a touring pitch or tent camping pitch only.
(C) Section C contains the conditions which will apply when you make a booking with us where we act as the package organiser – most commonly this will be the case where you combine a booking of a touring pitch or tent camping pitch with a transport arrangement (such as a ferry or train booking either to the Continent or Isle of Wight).
SECTION A – APPLICABLE TO ALL BOOKINGS
- Use of our website
The images of our Club campsites on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we make every effort to present a true reflection of our Club campsites and their surroundings, there may have been changes to either since the images were taken.
You may view prices of pitches at our Club campsites and make bookings, subject to availability, for pitches at our Club campsites, through our website, our booking App or via our contact centre.
While we accept responsibility for statements and representations made by our duly authorised agents (for example, our site staff), variations to these Booking Conditions will only be valid when confirmed in writing by us.
- How we use your personal information
- Booking and Paying for your Arrangements
Members are encouraged to place a new booking via the Club website or mobile App, however you can also book via the contact centre on 01342 327490 or directly with each Club campsite.
Non-members may also book via the Club website, mobile App or with the Club campsite directly (as the Club’s contact centre is a member service, only members may book via the contact centre).
Our booking process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your booking request to us. Please take the time to read and check your booking at each stage of the booking process. Please notify us of any errors in pricing or changes to your details that impact on your confirmed booking as soon as you become aware of them. You may amend your personal and booking details online. We cannot be held responsible if a change in your details means we can no longer accommodate you or your outfit at a Club site.
A booking, and binding contract, is made with us when you complete our booking process including payment by you of the applicable minimum required deposit and we issue you with a booking confirmation. Upon receipt, if you believe that any details on the booking confirmation or any other document are wrong you must advise us immediately. We reserve the right to return your deposit and decline to issue a booking confirmation at our absolute discretion.
A binding contract is also made when a booking and required payments take place at the campsite itself, for example when arriving at a campsite and placing a booking.
For bookings made on or before 8 June 2023, a deposit will be calculated for each individual campsite stay within a booking and will usually be 20% of the total value of each stay. There is a minimum deposit value of £25 per stay. However, if the total price of the stay is less than £25, then the total price will be paid as the deposit.
For bookings made after 9 June 2023, a deposit will be calculated for each individual campsite stay within a booking and will usually be 10% of the total value of each stay. There is a minimum deposit value of £20 per stay. However, if the total price of the stay is less than £20, then the total price will be paid as the deposit.
The balance of the price is due the evening before arrival (if you have selected automatic balance payments) or (if you have opted to pay upon arrival), on arrival at the Club campsite. If we do not receive this balance in full and on time, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you in which case we shall retain your deposit. You may choose to make all or part of the final balance payment contribution at any time via ‘manage my booking’ functionality on the Club website, mobile App or via the contact centre team.
A non-member supplement applies to a touring pitch only and is chargeable on a per night basis. To avoid this fee non-members are encouraged to join the Club and become a member either before or upon the arrival date (we cannot refund non-member supplements mid-way through a stay on one of our campsites, we can only do this before or at the point of arrival).
Maximum stay durations
The maximum stay duration on Club campsites varies between 21 and 28 days. This information is made clear on each Club campsite website page. Plus, at the point of booking, availability will be limited within the calendar to reflect the maximum stay duration. You will be required to provide two days (nights) absence from an individual campsite between sequential stays where each stay extends to the maximum stay duration.
However, you are freely able to move from one Club campsite to another on consecutive days and enjoy up to the maximum duration at each campsite (i.e. the two day absence period does not apply when moving from one campsite to another).
- How to pay
At the time of your booking request, you will be asked to provide to us valid, up-to-date and complete credit and / or debit card details. We accept both MasterCard and Visa. Where you provide these details, you hereby authorise us to bill such credit and / or debit card at the time of the booking in respect of the applicable deposit, or balancing payments at the time of the automatic balance payment (see below).
To pay the balance of your booking you can choose to pay upon arrival at our campsite, contact us before arrival to pay your deposit, or, the most convenient option for you is to select ‘automatic balance payment’.
If you select automatic balance payment you allow us to securely store your card details so that we can automatically take the balance payment on the balance due date (typically the evening prior to your arrival date). If you choose to give us your card details to take your balance payment automatically, the following Consent Agreement applies to you:
- The Consent Agreement applies to the debit/credit card you provide when booking
- The agreement applies either until the end of your booking, or you notify us to cancel your booking.
- The amount we will collect on the balance due date, will be advised to you at the time of booking (website, mobile App, and in the confirmation document you receive after making your booking)
- Your payment will normally be taken on your balance due date (typically, the evening prior to arrival), or just after your balance due date
- We may also use this card to collect any charges owed to us, including in the event you make any amendments (e.g. you extend your original booking and therefore have a greater balance to pay than your original booking).
When booking directly at one of our campsites in person you may pay using a credit or debit card, or cash. Cash can also be used to pay for any outstanding balance payment upon arrival at the campsite.
The Club occasionally issues various discount vouchers such as Digital Vouchers. These can be used to offset the price either on arrival at a Club campsite or they can be used to make a booking however this can only be done by contacting and booking via our contact centre or directly with site staff. Where these are processed upon arrival at the campsite and you have already paid, then you will receive a full or part refund equivalent to the value of the voucher.
Any site night vouchers redeemed at a Club campsite for the price of your booking will automatically be allocated against the earliest night(s) of the booking and will not be refundable or replaced if not used for that booking.
- Price of Club site pitches and Accuracy
Our published/advertised prices are valid only for the duration that those prices are published and are subject to change at our sole discretion. In the event that published prices change, the new published prices will apply to new bookings made and the old published prices will not apply to new bookings.
We make every effort to display prices on our website, mobile App and booking confirmation correctly. However occasionally changes and errors occur and we reserve the right to correct prices and other details in such circumstances.
In extreme cases we may need to change the price charged at the time of your booking, after your booking has been confirmed. In such circumstances, the following may apply: (a) where the revised price is less than the price stated in the booking confirmation, we may charge the lower amount; (b) if the revised price is higher than the price stated in the booking confirmation, we will contact you as soon as possible to inform you of this change and provide you the option of continuing your booking at the revised price or cancelling your booking (if we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the booking process, we will treat the booking as cancelled and notify you in writing).
The price of a booking includes VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the UK for the time being. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of your contract and the date of your stay, we will adjust the VAT you pay on any remaining payments.
We strongly recommend that you obtain adequate travel insurance in respect of your booking with us. You must be satisfied that your insurance fully covers all your personal requirements including pre-existing medical conditions, cancellation charges, medical expenses in the event of accident or illness. If you choose to travel without adequate insurance cover, we will not be liable for any losses howsoever arising, in respect of which insurance cover would otherwise have been available.
- No Shows, late arrivals and Early Departures
No Shows and Late Arrivals
If you fail to arrive on your arrival day and fail to notify us during the arrival day (by 8pm), this will be treated as a ‘no-show’ cancellation of your entire stay by you and you will not be entitled to be refunded any element which has been paid, including the full deposit, any interim payments and / or the automatic balancing payment taken before arrival (if applicable). The non-member supplement (if applicable) will be retained as payment towards cancellation charges if the full stay balance has not been paid. Where the final balance was payable upon arrival, you remain liable in full for this payment. If you repeatedly no-show, you may have your membership status reviewed and possibly suspended.
On your arrival day, if you are delayed for any reason while on route and may therefore arrive after 8pm, please call the site during working hours. Site staff will advise whether the site has a late night arrivals area, and if you can be accommodated. Late night arrival areas should only be used if you have a booking for the same day, and with prior approval. The price of your stay will not be adjusted.
If you expect to arrive on a day or more later than the booked arrival date (e.g the day after for your scheduled arrival date) then please inform us and we will amend your booking accordingly (you will lose the deposit paid on unoccupied nights cancelled from your booking).
If you wish to make an early departure, we ask you to inform the site staff as soon as you become aware so that we can cancel the nights you wish to remove from your stay. This will enable us to make the pitch available to other visitors and it may reduce the Early Departure Charge (see below).
In making an early departure, you will have to pay the early departure charges as follows:
Period of notice given to Site Staff
Early Departure Charge
A minimum of 3 days (nights) notice
(For example, where you tell us on Monday that
We will refund your balancing payment element for all nights removed from the original duration of your stay and will retain the original deposit element for all nights removed)
– i.e. you will lose the deposit on all nights shortened from your stay.
Less than 3 days (nights) notice
(For example, where you tell us on Monday that
We will retain the full price (deposit and balance elements) for nights removed from your stay where those nights removed are within 3 days (nights) from when you notify us that you are departing early.
If there are additional remaining nights removed from your stay which extend beyond 3 days (nights) from when you inform us then we will retain the deposit only for those nights and refund your balancing payment element for those nights
– ie you lose the full value for nights shortened from your stay where they are within 3 nights of you notifying us, and you lose the deposit only for remaining nights removed beyond the 3 nights from when you notify us.
- If You Cancel Your Booking or Change (amend) Your Booking
If you wish to make a full cancellation or make any changes to your booking after our booking confirmation has been issued (such as increasing or decreasing the number of nights, increasing or decreasing the number of guests, switching pitch type or switching campsite), you may do so as soon as possible via our website or mobile App, or, if needed by calling our contact centre or site staff directly.
You are encouraged to make changes to your booking more than 21 full days before your arrival date as this will avoid any applicable cancellation penalty charges as detailed below.
Whilst we will do our best to assist, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet your requested change. Where we can meet a request, all changes will be subject to payment of additional costs if applicable. You should be aware that the fees charged to increase the number of nights could increase the closer to the arrival date that changes are made. Where you seek to increase the number of guests on an existing night booked, the price per additional guest will be the same as the price per guest on your original booking and confirmation invoice.
Whole and Part Cancellations: (i.e. ‘whole cancellations’ of your entire stay, and ‘part cancellations’ such as cancelling a night or some nights of your stay, but keeping remaining nights of your stay)
If you or any other member of your party decides to cancel all or any part (such as reducing the number of nights or reducing the number of guests) of your confirmed booking prior to your arrival date you must do this via our website or mobile App (or via our contact centre or site staff).
If you or any other member of your party decides to cancel all or any part (such as reducing the number of nights or guests) of your confirmed booking on your arrival date you must do this either at the Club campsite or via our contact centre (you are unable to do this via our website or mobile App). We would recommend that you do this, otherwise you will be treated as a No-Show (see condition 7).
Your notice of cancellation will only take effect when it is received by us and will be effective from the date on which we receive it.
Should one or more guests cancel and you notify us more than 21 full days prior to your arrival date, in circumstances where this decreases the price of your booking, your balancing payment will be reduced accordingly.
Should one or more guests cancel and you notify us within the time period equal to or less than 21 full days prior to your arrival date, then since we incur costs in cancelling all or part of your booking, you will pay a cancellation charge. The cancellation charge is the retention of part or all of your original deposit paid, calculated equal to the proportion of the deposit applicable to the element (i.e. night(s) and / or guest(s)) cancelled, as itemised on your booking confirmation. For example if your entire booking is cancelled, the Cancellation Charge is the entire deposit.
Where possible, we will deduct the cancellation charge(s) from any monies you have already paid to us (i.e. the cancellation charge is some or all of the retention of the deposit already paid by you).
- As soon as your arrival date falls within 21 full days, cancellation charges apply where you are cancelling all of your entire stay, where you are shortening your stay (by cancelling just some of your nights), and where you remove guests from your stay.
- For example, if you cancel one night or more of your stay (i.e. make an amendment) within 21 days of arrival, you’ll lose the deposit value for those nights cancelled from your original booking (this is prorated using the value that each cancelled night represents of the total price of that stay - e.g. if you cancel the first night of a two night stay and the first night represents 40% of the total price of the stay, then you will lose 40% of the deposit paid).
- Therefore, if you amend your stay by ‘shifting the dates’ within 21 days of arrival, you will lose the deposit value for each night cancelled from your original booking, and you may be required to pay a new deposit for each new night added.
- Non-member supplements are fully refunded with all cancellations excluding no shows where full payment for the stay has not been made (section 7), however all other cancellation penalties apply.
Cancellation charge summary:
Changes and cancellations are FREE when made more than 21 full days before your scheduled arrival date (there are no cancellation charges).
Cancellation charges do apply to any cancellation of any night, or all nights or removal of guests when the change amendment or cancellation occurs within a period equal to or less than 21 full days before your original arrival date.
Period before arrival
More than 21 full days
21 full days, or less
An amount equal to the proportion of the deposit applicable to the element (i.e. night(s) and / or guest(s)) cancelled, as itemised on your booking confirmation.
If the entire booking is cancelled the Cancellation Charge is the entire deposit.
Switching pitch type:
You may switch the pitch type booked prior to arrival or upon arrival, subject to the availability of alternative pitch types. Where you switch pitch type more than 21 full days notice of the arrival date, if the price of the new pitch type is lower than the original pitch booked by you, your price will adjust and any balancing payment remaining on the booking will reduce. Where the price of the new pitch is higher you will be required to pay additional costs. Where you provide less than 21 full days notice you may switch to a cheaper pitch type but your price will not reduce; where you select a higher priced pitch you will be required to pay additional costs.
Switching Club campsite:
You may switch the Club campsite booked prior to arrival. Where you switch campsite booked more than 21 full days notice of the arrival date, you may do so by cancelling your original booking on our website or mobile App without penalty and placing a new booking at the new campsite (we will refund you the deposit on the original campsite booking and you will need to pay a new deposit for the new campsite booking). Alternatively you may call our contact centre who can process your change request.
Where you provide less than 21 full days' notice of your arrival date, we may be able to process your request to switch Club campsites in our contact centre only, providing the original booked dates (and therefore duration) remain unchanged and providing that you only switch from one of our Club campsites to another Club campsite (Affiliated campsites and Certificated Location campsites are excluded as these are not owned nor managed by the Club). Additional costs may apply.
Where we are unable to assist you and you do not wish to proceed with the original booking we will treat this as a cancellation by you. A cancellation fee may be payable in accordance with the paragraphs above.
Want to change Club campsites whilst on holiday? If it’s for the same dates, that’s fine, you won't lose your deposit - you can do this with help from site staff only. For example, you can shorten your stay at the campsite you’re on, providing you book an alternative Club campsite for the same dates. You can also do the reverse - extend the stay at the campsite you’re on and shorten your stay at the campsite you were due to visit.
We make every effort to ensure that your booked arrangements run smoothly but if you do have a problem during your stay, please inform the campsite manager immediately who will endeavour to put things right for you.
If you wish to make a complaint please send notice of your complaint to us within 28 days of the end date of your stay via our ‘contact us’ page on our website (alternatively write to us at our head offices). Please keep communications concise and to the point and provide your booking reference to us so that we can investigate. This will assist us in quickly identifying your booking, addressing your concerns and speed up our response to you. Failure to follow the procedure set out in this condition may affect ours and any applicable supplier’s ability to investigate your complaint, and will affect your rights under this contract.
- Force Majeure
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these Booking Conditions we will not be liable or pay you compensation if our contractual obligations to you are affected by “Force Majeure”. For the purposes of these Booking Conditions, Force Majeure means any event beyond our or our supplier’s control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. Examples include warfare and acts of terrorism (and threat thereof), civil strife, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination (including, without limitation, the ongoing effects of Covid-19), epidemics, pandemics or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely to the travel destination or remain at the travel destination, the act of any government or other national or local authority including port or river authorities, industrial dispute, labour strikes, lock closure, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, chemical or biological disaster, unavoidable technical problems with transport and all similar events outside our or the supplier(s) concerned’s control.
- Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
These Booking Conditions and any agreement to which they apply are governed in all respects by English law. We both agree that any dispute, claim or other matter which arises between us out of or in connection with your contract or booking will be dealt with by the Courts of England and Wales only. You may however, choose the law and jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern Ireland if you live in those places and if you wish to do so.
- Notable guest restrictions
In order to maintain the security and safety at all of our campsites we request that every booking includes within the party of guests staying on the pitch/pitches a minimum of one responsible adult per booked pitch (aged 18 or over).
Additionally, we prohibit users who have been convicted of, or received a police caution for, a sexual offence (listed in Schedule 3 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003) and have been made subject to the notification requirements under the sexual offenders register or a Sexual Harm Prevention Order. If we are made aware that either yourself or a member of your party are subject to these provisions then we reserve the right to terminate your booking in advance or whilst on site during your stay, without refund.
SECTION B – SINGLE SERVICE BOOKINGS
This section applies to all single service bookings that you make with us (e.g. a touring pitch and/or tent camping pitch only booking) when we are acting in a Principal capacity. Please read this section in conjunction with Section A of these Booking Conditions.
- If We Change or Cancel Your Booking
We may in exceptional circumstances be required to cancel your booking in which case a full refund of all monies paid will be made to you (if you have paid any monies to us, at the time of cancellation). We regret we cannot meet any expenses or losses that you may incur as a result of change or cancellation.
Very rarely, we may be forced by "force majeure" to change or terminate all or some of your arrangements after the commencement of your booked arrangements. If this situation does occur, we regret we will be unable to pay you compensation or meet any costs or expenses you incur as a result.
- Our Responsibilities
(1) Subject to the remainder of this condition, we have a duty to provide the services making up your booking with us with reasonable skill and care. We have no liability to you for the actual provision of the services, except in cases where it is proved that we have breached that duty and damage to you has been caused.
(2) We will not be responsible or pay you compensation for any injury, illness, death, loss, damage, expense, cost or other claim of any description if it results from:
(a) the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected; or
(b) the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party unconnected with the provision of the services contracted for and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable; or
(c) unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond ours or our supplier(s) control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised; or
(d) an event which either ourselves or suppliers could not, even with all due care, have foreseen or forestalled.
(3) We limit the amount of compensation we may have to pay you if we are found liable under this condition:
(a) loss of and/or damage to any luggage or personal possessions and money,
The maximum amount we will have to pay you in respect of these claims is £25 per person in total because you are assumed to have adequate insurance in place to cover any losses of this kind.
(b) Claims not falling under (a) above and which don’t involve injury, illness or death
The maximum amount we will have to pay you in respect of these claims is twice the price paid by you in total. This maximum amount will only be payable where everything has gone wrong and you have not received any benefit at all from your booking.
(4) It is a condition of our acceptance of liability under this condition that you notify any claim to ourselves and our supplier(s) strictly in accordance with the complaints procedure set out in these conditions.
(5) Where any payment is made, the person(s) receiving it (and their parent or guardian if under 18 years) must also assign to ourselves or our insurers any rights they may have to pursue any third party and must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require.
(6) Please note, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss or expense or other sum(s) of any description:
(a) which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you; or
(b) relate to any business.
(7) We will not accept responsibility for services or facilities which do not form part of our contract or where they are not advertised in our brochure. For example any excursion you book during your stay, or any service or facility which any other supplier agrees to provide for you.
SECTION C: PACKAGE BOOKINGS
This section only applies to Packages booked with us, where we are acting as the Package Organiser (please see condition 15 for further details of when this will be the case). Please read this section in conjunction with Section A of these Booking Conditions.
- Definition of Package
Where your booking is for a Package that we have organised, as defined below, we will act as a “Package Organiser” and you will receive the rights and benefits under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018, as amended (“PTRs”), as outlined in this Section C of these Booking Conditions.
A “Package” exists if you book a combination of two of the following separate travel services:
(a) Transport e.g. a ferry crossing or Eurotunnel such as to Isle of Wight or the Continent;
(b) Accommodation e.g. a touring pitch or tent camping pitch;
(c) rental of cars, motor vehicles or motorcycles (in certain circumstances);
(d) any other tourist service not intrinsically part of one of the above travel services;
provided that those separate travel services are purchased together from a single visit to our contact centre, website, mobile App and selected by you before you agree to pay; are offered, sold or charged at an inclusive or total price; advertised or sold under the term package, or purchased from separate traders through linked online booking process where:
- your name, payment details and email address are transmitted from the trader with whom the first contract is concluded to another trader or traders, and
- a contract with the latter trader or traders is concluded at the latest 24 hours after the confirmation of the booking of the first travel service.
An example of where this will be the case is where you make a booking of a UK touring pitch and/or tent camping pitch and a Ferry or Train journey together.
- Pricing Surcharges
The prices stated in our brochures and on our website are exclusively available only when booking in advance with us. Our prices were calculated on the basis of then known costs and exchange rates.
Where you have booked a Package we reserve the right to amend the price of unconfirmed bookings at any time and correct errors in the prices of confirmed bookings. We also reserve the right to increase the price of confirmed bookings solely to allow for increases which are a direct consequence of changes in:
(i) the price of the carriage of passengers resulting from the cost of fuel or other power sources;
(ii) the level of taxes or fees chargeable for services applicable to the booking imposed by third parties not directly involved in the performance of the booking, including tourist taxes, landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and airports; and
(iii) the exchange rates relevant to the package.
Such variations could include but are not limited to cost changes which are part of our contracts with transport providers.
However, if this means that you have to pay an increase of more than 8% of the price of your confirmed booking (excluding any insurance premiums, amendment charges and/or additional services or travel arrangements), you will have the option of accepting a change to another booking if we are able to offer one (if this is of equivalent or higher quality you will not have to pay more but if it is of lower quality you will be refunded the difference in price), or cancelling and receiving a full refund of all monies paid to us, except for any insurance premiums and any amendment charges and/or additional services or travel arrangements. Should you decide to cancel for this reason, you must exercise your right to do so within 7 days from the issue date printed on your final invoice.
Should the price of your booking go down due to the changes mentioned above, then any refund due will be paid to you less an administrative fee of £20. However, please note that travel arrangements are not always purchased in local currency and some apparent changes have no impact on the price of your travel due to contractual and other protection in place.
There will be no change made to the price of your confirmed booking within 20 days of your departure nor will refunds be paid during this period.
- Transfers of Booking
If you have booked a Package (as detailed in condition 15) and you or any member of your party is prevented from travelling, that person(s) may transfer their place to someone else, subject to the following conditions:
- that person is introduced by you and satisfies all the conditions applicable to the booking;
- we are notified not less than 7 days before departure;
- you pay any outstanding balance payment, an amendment fee of £20 per person transferring, as well as any additional fees, charges or other costs arising from the transfer; and
- the transferee agrees to these Booking Conditions and all other terms of the contract between us.
You and the transferee remain jointly and severally liable for payment of all sums. If you are unable to find a replacement, cancellation charges as set out in condition 8 will apply in order to cover our estimated costs. Otherwise, no refunds will be given for passengers not travelling or for unused services.
Important Note: Certain arrangements may not be amended or transferred after they have been confirmed and any alteration could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements.
- Cancellation by You due to Unavoidable & Extraordinary Circumstances
If you have booked a Package (as detailed in condition 15), you have the right to cancel your confirmed booking before departure without paying a cancellation charge in the event of “unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances” occurring at your destination or its immediate vicinity and significantly affecting the performance of your stay or significantly affecting the transport arrangements to the destination. In these circumstances, we shall provide you with a full refund of the monies you have paid but we will not be liable to pay you any additional compensation. Please note that your right to cancel in these circumstances will only apply where the Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office advises against travel to your destination or its immediate vicinity. For the purposes of this condition, “unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances” means warfare, acts of terrorism, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely to the travel destination.
- If We Change or Cancel your Package Booking
Changes: If we make an insignificant change to your booking, we will make reasonable efforts to inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your departure but we will have no liability to you. Examples of insignificant changes include the following when made before departure and where applicable: any change in the advertised identity of the carrier(s), Eurotunnel / ferry timings, and/or ferry type; a change of outward departure time or overall length of your trip of twelve hours or less; a change of touring pitch or tent camping pitch to another of the same standard or classification.
Occasionally we may have to make a significant change to your confirmed arrangements. Examples of “significant changes” include the following, when made before departure: a change of touring pitch or tent camping pitch for the whole or a major part of the time you are away, a change of outward departure time or overall length of time you are away of twelve or more hours, or a change of UK departure point to one which is more inconvenient for you.
Cancellation: If we have to make a significant change or cancel your booking, we will tell you as soon as possible and if there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of:
i (for significant changes) accepting the changed arrangements; or
ii having a refund of all monies paid; or
iii accepting an offer of alternative travel arrangements of a comparable or higher standard from us, if available (at no extra cost); or
iv if available, accepting an offer of alternative arrangements of a lower standard, with a refund of the price difference between the original arrangements and the alternative arrangements.
You must notify us of your choice within 7 days of our offer. If we do not hear from you within 7 days, we will contact you again to request notification of your choice. If you fail to respond again, we will assume that you have chosen to accept the change or alternative booking arrangements.
Insurance If we cancel or make a significant change and you accept a refund, we will provide a full refund of your travel insurance premiums if you paid them to us and can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy.
Compensation In addition to a full refund of all monies paid by you, we will pay you reasonable compensation, in the following circumstances:
(a) If, where we make a significant change, you do not accept the changed arrangements and cancel your booking;
(b) If we cancel your booking and no alternative arrangements are available.
The compensation that we offer does not exclude you from claiming more if you are entitled to do so.
*IMPORTANT NOTE: We will not pay you compensation in the following circumstances:
(a) where we make an insignificant change;
(b) where we make a significant change or cancel your arrangements more than 56 days before departure;
(c) where we make a significant change and you accept those changed arrangements or you accept an offer of alternative travel arrangements;
(d) where we have to cancel your arrangements as a result of your failure to make full payment on time;
(e) where the change or cancellation by us arises out of alterations to the confirmed booking requested by you;
(f) where we are forced to cancel or change your arrangements due to Force Majeure (see condition 10).
If we become unable to provide a significant proportion of the arrangements that you have booked with us after you have departed, we will, if possible, make alternative arrangements for you at no extra charge and where those alternative arrangements are of a lower standard, provide you with an appropriate price reduction.
- Our Responsibilities
(1) We will accept responsibility for the arrangements we agree to provide or arrange for you as an “Organiser” under the PTRs, as set out below and as such, we are responsible for the proper provision of all travel services included in your package, as set out in your confirmation invoice. Please note that we shall not be responsible for any additional services provided to you, whether provided by the travel service providers or otherwise, which are not set out in your confirmation invoice.
(2) We will not be responsible or pay you compensation for any personal injury or death unless you are able to prove that it was caused by our negligence or the negligence of our suppliers.
(3) We will not be responsible or pay you compensation for any injury, illness, death, loss, damage, expense, cost or other claim of any description if it results from:
(a) the acts and/or omissions of the person affected; or
(b) the acts and/or omissions of a third party unconnected with the provision of the services contracted for and which were unavoidable and extraordinary; or
(c) Force Majeure (as defined in condition 10).
(4) We limit the amount of compensation we may have to pay you if we are found liable under this condition:
(a) loss of and/or damage to any luggage or personal possessions and money:
the maximum amount we will have to pay you in respect of these claims is an amount equivalent to the excess on your insurance policy which applies to this type of loss per person in total because you are required to have adequate insurance in place to cover any losses of this kind.
(b) Claims not falling under (a) above and which don’t involve injury, illness or death:
the maximum amount we will have to pay you in respect of these claims is up to three times the price paid by or on behalf of the person(s) affected in total. This maximum amount will only be payable where everything has gone wrong and you or your party has not received any benefit at all from your booking.
(c) Claims in respect of international travel by sea and rail:
- i) The extent of our liability will in all cases be limited as if we were carriers under the appropriate Conventions, which include The Athens Convention (with respect to sea travel) and The Berne/Cotif Convention (with respect to rail travel. You can ask for copies of these Conventions from our offices. Please contact us. In addition, you agree that the operating carrier or transport company's own 'Conditions of Carriage' will apply to you on that journey. When arranging transportation for you, we rely on the terms and conditions contained within these international conventions and those 'Conditions of Carriage'. You acknowledge that all of the terms and conditions contained in those 'Conditions of Carriage' form part of your contract with us, as well as with the transport company and that those 'Conditions of Carriage' shall be deemed to be included by reference into this contract.
- ii) When making any payment, we are entitled to deduct any money which you have received or are entitled to receive from the relevant supplier for the complaint or claim in question.
- Subject to these Booking Conditions, if we or our suppliers negligently perform or arrange those services set out in the confirmation invoice and we don’t remedy or resolve your complaint within a reasonable period of time, and this has affected the enjoyment of your package holiday you may be entitled to an appropriate price reduction or compensation or both. You must inform us without undue delay of any failure to perform or improper performance of the travel services included in this package. The level of any such price reduction or compensation in respect of any claim for damages or compensation whatsoever will be calculated taking into consideration all relevant factors such as but not limited to: following the complaints procedure as described in these Booking Conditions and the extent to which ours or our employees’ or suppliers’ negligence affected the overall enjoyment of your holiday. Please note that it is your responsibility to show that we or our supplier(s) have been negligent if you wish to make a claim against us
(6) It is a condition of our acceptance of liability under this condition that you notify any claim to us and our supplier(s) strictly in accordance with the complaints procedure set out in these conditions.
(7) Where any payment is made, the person(s) receiving it (and their parent or guardian if under 18 years) must also assign to us or our insurers any rights they may have to pursue any third party and must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require.
(8) Please note, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss or expense or other sum(s) of any description:
(a) which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you; or
(b) relate to any business.
(9) We will not accept responsibility for services or facilities which do not form part of our contract or where they are not advertised on our website or in our brochure. For example any excursion you book during your stay, or any service or facility which your site or any other supplier agrees to provide for you.
(10) Where it is impossible for you to return to your departure point as per the agreed return date of your package, due to “unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances”, we shall provide you with any necessary accommodation (where possible, of a comparable standard) for a period not exceeding three nights per person. Please note that the 3 night cap does not apply to persons with reduced mobility, pregnant women or unaccompanied minors, nor to persons needing specific medical assistance, provided we have been notified of these particular needs at least 48 hours before the start of your stay. For the purposes of this condition, “unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances” mean warfare, acts of terrorism, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely back to your departure point.
- Insolvency Protection for Packages
We provide full financial protection for our package holidays by way of a bond held by ABTA Ltd, The Travel Association 30 Park Street London SE1 9EQ www.abta.co.uk.
You agree to accept that in the event of our insolvency, ABTA may arrange for the travel services you have booked to continue, or for a suitable alternative to be provided at the same cost of your original booking. You also agree to accept that in circumstances where the travel services supplier provides the services you have booked, you agree to pay any outstanding sum under your contract with us to that alternative travel service provider. However, you also agree that in some cases the services will not be provided, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under ABTA’s Scheme of Protection (or your payment card issuer where applicable) for a refund of the monies you have paid.
- Prompt Assistance
If, during your stay, you find yourself in difficulty for any reason, we will offer you such prompt assistance as is appropriate in the circumstances. Where you require assistance which is not owing to any failure by us, our employees or subcontractors we will not be liable for the costs of any alternative arrangements or other such assistance you require. Any supplier may however pay for or provide refreshments and/or appropriate accommodation and you should make a claim directly to them. Subject to the other terms of these Booking Conditions, we will not be liable for any costs, fees or charges you incur in the above circumstances, if you fail to obtain our prior authorisation before making your own arrangements. Furthermore, we reserve the right to charge you a fee for our assistance in the event that the difficulty is caused intentionally by you or a member of your party, or otherwise through your or your party’s negligence.