Non-EHU Sites List

Johnny57 replied on 25/04/2018 08:02

Posted on 25/04/2018 08:02

I run a “basic CL” or “Off Grid CL” and have been asked by a couple of members to start a new discussion about the Non-EHU Sites List and Google Map we have created so that others so inclined may find it of use.

SO IF YOU USE OFF GRID CLS YOU MAY LIKE THE FOLLOWING and you can see how many Non - EHU (Off Grid) CAMC CLs are out there!
I have produced a sheadsheet database of the CAMC non EHU (Off Grid CLs)
It is available for anyone of view with the link. Click here to open the Non EHU CL sheet
The default view of the sheet should be CLs sorted by County. There are currently 434 listed on this sheet along with the postcodes. You can scroll up and down the list on the right vertical scroll bar and left & right on the bottom scroll bar. There are links to the CLs page listing on the CAMC website in column 5 which should open a separate page and take you there, to the right of that there will be a blue dot if they have images to view. To the right of this is a range of facilities available a dot against CLs row means available. If you view the Non EHU CL Google sheet by clicking a sharing link or from the link above on this page on a computer you will be able to sort data by filtering what you do or don’t want (there are some “filter views” already set up! “A-Z County”, “A-Z CL Name” , Postcode, etc)
Look for Filter Views along the icon menu bar above the sheet for  to the right will be a down arrow if you click that it will show the filterviews already set up go down and click the one you wish to view. You can also you hover over the top on the right of the column header (the cell where the letters are) a down type arrow will appear or if you see  you will be able to sort sheet, click it and click sort A-Z (this work on the the dots as will group them all together!)

We have now produced a Google Map to show the location and info of each of the non EHU/Off Grid CLs visited in the April 2018 updated database Click here to view. You can zoom in on the area you are interested in and click the icons, this will bring up the data on the CL.

If you find an issue or would like us to edit/add an entry please leave a comment on the sheet page or email me. We will update the Google sheet monthly after going through the Club Magazine CLs update page.

If the links dont work both are available via your website https://newtongrove.co.uk/find-a-non-ehu-cl/

Hja replied on 30/09/2022 11:07

Posted on 14/05/2022 11:07 by Johnny57

Great news after years of members asking, it seems the Club website CL search has had a “No electric hook-ups” icon added to allow members to filter off-grid sites.

I will still keep our map & sheet up to date though as I think it is simpler to see all on a map or filter the spreadsheet.

Posted on 30/09/2022 11:07

Unfortunately with the new web site this seems to have gone. The only filter system I can finds is for all sites. And doesn’t work well. So I filtered out overseas and affiliated sites, you can’t remove club sites. According to the numbers by the filter indicators that left 1600+ sites of which 1300+ had ehu. If you don’t select the has ehu filter and search it shows all those both with and withou ehu. In other words it filters in not out. Click adults only, and it will just show those, click ehu and it will exclude off grid sites. But can’t search for off grid sites.

Maybe if the CL section of the site is returned to its previous functionality the non ehu filter will also return!

Johnny57 replied on 30/09/2022 20:18

Posted on 30/09/2022 11:07 by Hja

Unfortunately with the new web site this seems to have gone. The only filter system I can finds is for all sites. And doesn’t work well. So I filtered out overseas and affiliated sites, you can’t remove club sites. According to the numbers by the filter indicators that left 1600+ sites of which 1300+ had ehu. If you don’t select the has ehu filter and search it shows all those both with and withou ehu. In other words it filters in not out. Click adults only, and it will just show those, click ehu and it will exclude off grid sites. But can’t search for off grid sites.

Maybe if the CL section of the site is returned to its previous functionality the non ehu filter will also return!

Posted on 30/09/2022 20:18

Hi hya - Yes after years trying to get this filter added you are right now gone - in the improved search - not.
I do hope they get this sorted out there are so many things wrong with it - it gives the addresses of some sites with name, street & town but misses of the village! only shows the last 10 reviews (& some say only 3-5 on the app) reordered the site images mine is showing the information shelter now as first image - such a mess!
If only could go back to what it was for the CL search would be great but I dont think that will happen.
Good job I kept the map and sheet up to date smile

OffGrid240v replied on 18/07/2023 18:21

Posted on 18/07/2023 18:21

I'm new to this site, so I'm playing 'catch up' ... however, I've been looking for an affordable way to travel the country. I've spent 12 months building a solar powered 'van - which is not a cheap endeavour - yet what I considered to be an initial outlay. I'd like to be mostly self sufficient - clean water and human waste disposal are obviously needed. I think the idea of an "off-grid" network of people with the same aspirations is absolutely fabulous. We can't pitch anywhere we like in the UK. If a site cost is at £20+ per night, then that is £600 per month. That is a mortgage - or at least it used to be. I just need a bit of grass and somewhere to park up for a night or few, whilst on my travels. Very impressed with the non EHU site list - I'll definitely be using that. Many thanks to those that put the work in... :-)

Johnny57 replied on 18/07/2023 18:56

Posted on 18/07/2023 18:56

Hi OffGrid240v. Great to hear you are finding the map etc useful. There are some great simple and affordable off-grid sites in the CL network one listed at from £2,50/night!.
If you do Facebook you may like to join CAMOGG -  https://www.facebook.com/groups/CAMOGG/
Where you can help others GAIN THEIR FREEDOM 
Ask members to solve Off-Grid related issues or provide your expertise to help others
Find or recommend special Off-Grid Sites/places etc

See the CAMOGG map of off-grid CLs  https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1mrjJzvxmDhgRicX16ahYBdCBhUoZhpuK&usp=sharing

See spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16GpTjPxzWGRGBYTtx9P8ZOw_8wZ-0Ui4Kqx6fEEn0F8/edit?usp=sharing

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook