Smart Metering Trial

KieranBSMM replied on 05/04/2023 16:17

Posted on 05/04/2023 16:17

Exciting News! At Wyatts Covert Club Campsite we’re trialling Smart Metering, which means you will only pay for the amount of electricity you use during your stay.

The price quoted for bookings at this campsite excludes electricity (with campsite fees reduced accordingly) and we will only charge you for the precise amount of electricity you use during your stay.

This is something many members have been asking for and we’re really pleased to be able to trial it this year! Find out more at https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/smartmetering/ 

Cornersteady replied on 10/04/2023 20:17

Posted on 10/04/2023 20:10 by Pliers

We’ve a booking for Wyatts Covert from May 31st - June 3rd. ( FA Cup final) and hopefully won’t need to cancel.
Booked a couple of weeks ago, haven’t had any communication from the Club yet regarding metering,  but no problem with that.
But as we will probably be offsite for most of the days, returning to the ‘van in the evenings, we will probably take up the metering option if available.

🙂⚽️🙂

Posted on 10/04/2023 20:17

Thanks for the post P smile

brue replied on 12/04/2023 12:26

Posted on 12/04/2023 12:26

Regarding costs I re-read the details and the reductions are based on pitch plus one person. So it would be interesting to hear what the average two person usage might entail or presumably two can live as cheaply as one? smile

SteveL replied on 12/04/2023 13:13

Posted on 12/04/2023 12:26 by brue

Regarding costs I re-read the details and the reductions are based on pitch plus one person. So it would be interesting to hear what the average two person usage might entail or presumably two can live as cheaply as one? smile

Posted on 12/04/2023 13:13

Looks like there is an additional reduction for more people, initially at least. The cost per night for one drops by the £3 reduction (mentioned for May) between 16th and 17th. Whilst for two adults the reduction is £4.40, three £5.80 four £7.20. Unfortunately beyond the start of the trial there is no actual proof, as since DP started we don’t have a price list.

Twos more then one replied on 18/04/2023 08:38

Posted on 18/04/2023 08:38

The more i think about it the more it seems like a good idea,  it will make people  more environmentally aware of their usage of electricity ,and make those who think it is an  environmentally friendly idea to heat an non insulated awning ,maybe it is not that good an idea

tonyta replied on 18/04/2023 09:40

Posted on 18/04/2023 09:40

I agree totally with Twos more than one's comment.  I once had a conversation with a gentleman on site who informed me that they left an electric heater on in the awning permanently, go figure the logic to that one, I failed.

Just so long as this is implemented as fairly as possible only has to be for the good.wink

DavidKlyne replied on 18/04/2023 10:06

Posted on 09/04/2023 13:46 by DavidKlyne

I have just emailed the Club to ask what the Kwh price will be on the two sites. I have suggested its not very transparent only to find out the cost once you have booked. Will let you know when I get a response. 

David

Posted on 18/04/2023 10:06

At long last I have received a reply to my request for the price of metered electricity and this was the reply:-

Good Morning David,

Thank you for taking the time to contact the Club to share your suggestion. I have passed this to the appropriate staff, as well as other areas of the Club as part of our ongoing improvement. Due to the volume of feedback received, we are unable to offer a response.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

It seems a very strange reply given that all I asked for was a simple piece of information? Interestingly the reply came from a no-reply mailbox so make of that what you will!

David

Rufs replied on 18/04/2023 10:29

Posted on 18/04/2023 10:06 by DavidKlyne

At long last I have received a reply to my request for the price of metered electricity and this was the reply:-

Good Morning David,

Thank you for taking the time to contact the Club to share your suggestion. I have passed this to the appropriate staff, as well as other areas of the Club as part of our ongoing improvement. Due to the volume of feedback received, we are unable to offer a response.

Kind Regards,

It seems a very strange reply given that all I asked for was a simple piece of information? Interestingly the reply came from a no-reply mailbox so make of that what you will!

David

Posted on 18/04/2023 10:29

Nothing to say really David, except

"CAMC customer service marks out of 10,  ZERO"

and obviously they dont think you need to know

Graydjames replied on 18/04/2023 10:35

Posted on 18/04/2023 10:06 by DavidKlyne

Good Morning David,

Kind Regards,

David

Posted on 18/04/2023 10:35

I am not one of those who thinks that the club hierarchy should get involved in the discussions area of CT; they'd be on a hiding to nothing and it is no surprise to me at all that, aside from the occasional post from Rowena, they do not get involved; it is more of a surprise to me that people think that the powers that be should engage in threads in this place.

However, if someone raises a specific and perfectly reasonable request through direct contact with the club, I would expect a clear and unambiguous reply. It looks to me that this is a stock, precomposed response and I find it incredibly frustrating that so many organisations, these days, think they can get away with such dismissive responses. Whether you see this as merely "strange", or rather more at the level of outrageous, it is clear that it singularly fails to address the point at issue and to use "volume of feedback" as a reason for not answering a simple question is actually, when you stop to think about it, laughable.

brue replied on 18/04/2023 10:58

Posted on 18/04/2023 10:58

CAMC is not a shareholder paying conglomerate it's a membership based not for profit company and should answer to it's membership. The response is very disappointing David but thank you for asking the question on our behalf! 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook