What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Francis replied on 14/04/2024 15:28

Posted on 14/04/2024 15:28

We are home after a nice weekend at Ayr Craigie Gardens we didn’t do much but after a stressful week it was nice to get away and relax. Easy half hour tow  home today. First car show of the season next weekend so when we got back I went and got my classic Merc out and took it a blast along the coast first time it’s been out this year all well so will get it cleaned etc ready for the show next weekend looking forward to it.

DSB - We live in Ayrshire and it would make a great place for a holiday there is so much to do we stay on the coast but are only 40 mins from Glasgow city centre and there are many nice places to visit in the area. If you do come this way I’d recommend Ayr Craigie it is a good site maybe in need of upgrading but it’s perfectly reasonable and very easy to get to and only a short walk from the town and easy access to Glasgow etc.

Nellie - I know you are due in our area soon when driving home today I noticed the lay by I was talking about that is set back from the road is now open again so if the petrol station at Kilmarnock isn’t an option then this lay by may be 

We are due off On a10 day break in a couple of weeks we couldn’t decide where to go but now settled on County Durham so booked a site there this morning looking forward to it as it’s an area we have been to but not really stayed too long.

Hope everyone else is having a nice weekend 

nelliethehooker replied on 14/04/2024 21:41

Posted on 13/04/2024 11:49 by DSB

Sorry to read about the weather, Nellie.  Fingers crossed it will brighten up a bit soon.   Not an area we have been to, to be honest.  We're a bit more familiar with the East/ N East bit of Scotland with the caravan.  When we go towards the west, it tends to be when we travel up to the Outer Hebrides (via the Loch Lomond road, Glencoe, Fort William, Skye).  We must add Ayrshire etc to our list of places to visit with the caravan....  continue to enjoy your break and fingers crossed for the weather....

David

Posted on 14/04/2024 21:41

David, there is an awful to go see in D&G, as tda will testify. Should you choose to go both they and ourselves can point out both places to stop and ones worth visiting. The weather has been a little better over the last couple of days, but we still are having periods of rain and wind. Thankfully it was dry for packing up and moving on to our next site. It was good to get the caravan front cover off and put away dry for a change. We managed dry walks until after dinner this evening and hopefully the last one will be dry too.

nelliethehooker replied on 14/04/2024 21:55

Posted on 14/04/2024 21:55

Nellie - I know you are due in our area soon when driving home today I noticed the lay by I was talking about that is set back from the road is now open again so if the petrol station at Kilmarnock isn’t an option then this lay by may be 

Francis, we won't be heading down to Troon from Linlithgow until early in June but hope to use that layby then, thanks. However we will be up at Maybole from the middle of the week before heading up to Balmaha. My intention is to use the A78/A737 to get to the Erskine Bridge, so avoiding the motorways, and wonder if that is a sensible route?

Glad that you enjoyed your stay at Craigie Gardens, and that your future trip goes well too, don't forget to visit Tommy at Seaham

DSB replied on 15/04/2024 10:36

Posted on 15/04/2024 10:36

Thanks Nellie and Francis.  We've booked all our long trips for this year (....it would have to be a long trip because of the distance - couldn't fit it in to one of our many 3-4 day jaunts)... but perhaps we'll go in 2025.  I'll add Craigie Gardens to my 'wish list). 

David

Francis replied on 15/04/2024 13:57

Posted on 15/04/2024 13:57

Hi Nellie that is a good road to take we actually live about half a mile from the A78  so use it most days but it’s a good road A737 is ok not dual carriageway but not a bad road to take and a good route if going from Maybole as if you were to take the M77 it would take you out quite a distance from the  Erskine Bridge. Not sure where you are staying in Maybole but we use the Ranch AS site on a regular basis as it’s not far from home nice site with good views and the owners are lovely people also have a swimming pool on site. Enjoy your time here 

moulesy replied on 15/04/2024 19:18

Posted on 15/04/2024 19:18

My birthday treat from Mrs M this year was a trip to Krakow, a city I've wanted to visit for some time. And that's where I am right now! They have had a heatwave for the past couple of weeks but, typically, today I arrived to overcast skies and a cool wind!

Still, it's great to be here and my hotel is just a couple of minute's walk from the historic city Square which has remained relatively undamaged throughout two world wars and the worst of the communist era.

Had a quick walk around this afternoon to get the lie of the land and tomorrow I've signed up for two (free!) walking tours so will have a more detailed idea about the history of the place then.

Just had a delicious Polish meal of borscht (beetroot soup) followed by perogi (filled dumplings) and disappointed to say that left me no room for a pudding!

Some initial pictures around the main city square.

nelliethehooker replied on 15/04/2024 21:48

Posted on 15/04/2024 13:57 by Francis

Hi Nellie that is a good road to take we actually live about half a mile from the A78  so use it most days but it’s a good road A737 is ok not dual carriageway but not a bad road to take and a good route if going from Maybole as if you were to take the M77 it would take you out quite a distance from the  Erskine Bridge. Not sure where you are staying in Maybole but we use the Ranch AS site on a regular basis as it’s not far from home nice site with good views and the owners are lovely people also have a swimming pool on site. Enjoy your time here 

Posted on 15/04/2024 21:48

Thanks, Francis. We are stopping in a CL, Auchenwynd, which we have not used before. We have stopped at the C&CC Site at Culzean in the past but I like to try a few different sites when the opportunity arrives.

It has been a poor day weather wise after a very wet night. We did manage a few walks just locally without getting too wet, but the forecast is better for tomorrow. 

Goldie146 replied on 16/04/2024 09:12

Posted on 16/04/2024 09:12

Our milk cows are now OUT OUT! Out during the day and night. The weather may have been dreadful but it’s grown a lot of grass. Albeit a bit wet underfoot.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook