Job Title: Assistant Site Manager
Responsible to: Site Manager
Purpose of the Job: To support the Site Managers in delivering a first class service to the reputation of the Club’s standards, ensuring the smooth running of the site at all times. Working as part of a team to create a safe, relaxed and enjoyable holiday experience for all visitors.
- To ensure the site and the site's facilities are maintained to a high level of
cleanliness and appearance to comply with the Club's standards (as instructed by your Site Managers/Regional Manager
- To work within the Club’s Health and Safety guidelines to maintain and monitor a safe and secure environment for the welfare of our visitors and staff, identifying risks and hazards and reporting these so appropriate actions can be taken to ensure all accidents including near misses are reported, recorded and investigated satisfactorily in line with Club policies.
- To provide first class levels of customer service, meeting the expectations of all visitors at all times. To provide effective resolutions where areas of conflict arise.
- Be prepared to provide cover at multiple locations and roles, including at
Experience Freedom Sites with Yurts/Glamping Pods/Camping Pods/Airstreams.
- To assist the Site Managers with the safe operational practices and maintenance of site equipment to ensure compliance with the Club's obligations and policies. Any defective equipment should be reported and repaired in a timely manner.
- To deputise for the Site Managers in their absence, whilst providing a consistent level of service and cover by maintaining the standards and working practices in accordance with the requirement of your site.
- To provide efficient administration of the site to support the Club's operational
procedures by maintaining accurate computerised and written records.
- To ensure the site's toilet and shower facilities are cleansed daily and an additional deep clean is undertaken as per the rostered requirement.
- To maintain the sites landscapes, including but not limited to weeding, pitch
maintenance and drainage work, by utilising Company machinery and equipment (strimmers, blowers, hedge cutters and tractors)
- To ensure the site is tidy of domestic waste at all times and any hazardous
substances are stored or disposed of within the correct health and safety
- To undertake all training as required for your role including, but not limited to; machinery, first aid, hazardous substance, fire safety, legionella awareness, mental health awareness, equality and diversity, risk assessment, manual handling, customer experience, systems, policies and procedures.
- To apply a consistent approach to all Club policies, procedures and rules in a fair and flexible manner in accordance with the requirement of the site.
- To maintain an effective and friendly working relationship with colleagues to promote a constructive working environment, both at East Grinstead and throughout the Sites Network.
- To undertake any additional tasks as required to ensure the smooth running of the site.
Essential Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience of staying on a variety of Club sites
- Demonstrates a passion for and knowledge of the role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Ability to work effectively on your own as well as in a team
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Experience of working in a customer service environment
- Experience of providing conflict resolutions
- Basic understanding of the principles of Health and Safety (CoSHH, Risk Assessments)
- Willingness to undertake first aid training
- Ability to provide solutions in an ever changing environment
- Ability to follow instructions
- Experience of cash handling and card transactions
- IT literate, use of Microsoft Office. Experience of using G-Suite would be advantageous (Sheets and Docs)
- Ability to use heavy machinery, including mowers, blowers and strimmer’s to attend to garden and pitch maintenance
- A full and valid Driving Licence is essential