Amenity blocks closed until 17th May

NutsyH replied on 09/03/2021 17:17

Posted on 09/03/2021 17:17

Anyone realised this. I just don't get it. Why can pubs open their shared toilets for outdoor diners / drinkers,  motorway services shared toilets never been closed, but caravan & camping sites can open 12th April but can't open their amenities until 17th May. And I would bet that most site toilets are far more hygienic and cleaned more often than pubs and motorway services. Bonkers.

Moderator Comment - I think this thread has run its course now. When the off topic posts outnumber the on topic ones it is time to close. 

Rufs replied on 10/04/2021 10:03

Posted on 10/04/2021 10:03

Will be glad when Monday comes around and everybody heads for the hills, perhaps then we can stop talking about facilities blocks undecided

Boxvanginbar replied on 10/04/2021 10:17

Posted on 10/04/2021 10:17

Does anyone know where the Club got their info on the regulations quoted 8th April which has allowed them to open facilities excluding showers?

im asking for a colleague who runs an independent site and desperately wanted to open his toilet block up but thinks he cannot. 

Any info appreciated 

Takethedogalong replied on 10/04/2021 10:23

Posted on 10/04/2021 10:23

It’s good to know that perhaps a few more folks can get away a bit earlier now, their choice as to whether or not to use facilities available. For what it’s worth, I still think the Club was correct in following the original guidance, with an update from the Government clarifying things a bit more on the 8th. 
I cannot believe it was JV’s conversation with whatever incarnation his local chum is currently occupying that generated this, much more likely the collective request from various camping organisations and bodies out there, been happening since mid February. 
Makes no odds to us, our personal risk assessment has been carried out, and we won’t be going anywhere near facilities. Our water tank will be full, so that means for five days, possibly just the one fill up at fresh water tap, and we have all safety stuff for loo empty. We will be off site anyway between hours of 10am and dusk, so other folks can get on with whatever floats their particular boat.
This is a test run on a Club Site for us, got two more booked, one already swopped to a CL. If we don’t feel happy around lots of other folks, then we shall swop the other bookings to CLs as well. 🤔

JVB66 replied on 10/04/2021 10:28

Posted on 10/04/2021 10:23 by Takethedogalong

It’s good to know that perhaps a few more folks can get away a bit earlier now, their choice as to whether or not to use facilities available. For what it’s worth, I still think the Club was correct in following the original guidance, with an update from the Government clarifying things a bit more on the 8th. 
I cannot believe it was JV’s conversation with whatever incarnation his local chum is currently occupying that generated this, much more likely the collective request from various camping organisations and bodies out there, been happening since mid February. 
Makes no odds to us, our personal risk assessment has been carried out, and we won’t be going anywhere near facilities. Our water tank will be full, so that means for five days, possibly just the one fill up at fresh water tap, and we have all safety stuff for loo empty. We will be off site anyway between hours of 10am and dusk, so other folks can get on with whatever floats their particular boat.
This is a test run on a Club Site for us, got two more booked, one already swopped to a CL. If we don’t feel happy around lots of other folks, then we shall swop the other bookings to CLs as well. 🤔

Posted on 10/04/2021 10:28

You may be right but at least i get replys from my "chum" that as posted may have helped , but then it seems it is not General? and it was cmc i quoted in my emailscool

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook