How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

ABM replied on 17/01/2021 18:38

Posted on 17/01/2021 18:38

It'll take more than MY Ten Pence Piece to make it a memorable Tuesday Birthday I'm sorry to say, Moulesy  -- it'll cost you more than THAT to bribe the locals to allow you into the Socially Distanced Chippy just across the road from the ground !!

I'll also have you know that the esteemed Football Club is named after Alexandra of Denmark the Beautiful Wife Consort of His Majesty King Edward VII  ( so there  tongue-out  thruuuuupppttt )

ABM replied on 17/01/2021 18:42

Posted on 17/01/2021 18:42

P.S.  :--  Happy Birthday for Tuesday Moulesy, may all your Dreams and Wishes Come True  wink

{ Always barring the obvious, you great Muppet innocent }

moulesy replied on 17/01/2021 19:56

Posted on 17/01/2021 18:38 by ABM

It'll take more than MY Ten Pence Piece to make it a memorable Tuesday Birthday I'm sorry to say, Moulesy  -- it'll cost you more than THAT to bribe the locals to allow you into the Socially Distanced Chippy just across the road from the ground !!

I'll also have you know that the esteemed Football Club is named after Alexandra of Denmark the Beautiful Wife Consort of His Majesty King Edward VII  ( so there  tongue-out  thruuuuupppttt )

Posted on 17/01/2021 19:56

That's an interesting fact Brian.

The Gas, of course, are named after an old gas holder (think just like outside the boundary at The Oval in the olden days! )  wink

trellis replied on 19/01/2021 15:51

Posted on 17/01/2021 18:38 by ABM

Posted on 19/01/2021 15:51

And there was me thinking they were named after a meerkat.😀...Simples.

ABM replied on 19/01/2021 16:47

Posted on 19/01/2021 16:47

If you are tuning in to the match, tonight Moulesy A Word of Warning  -- make sure that the receiver is stood firmly on a waterproof surface because

1 ) the ground in Cheshire is only slightly dryer than the Bristol Channel  !! 

and

2 ) your tears will need somewhere to flow  

Joking apart I do hope you have been well treated & cared for by Mrs M and kept warm by mutts snuggling up, even if they are only after big snacks from your  97th Birthday cake  innocent

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook