Rated 4 of 5

Rated 5 of 5

Peace and tranquility

Rated 5 of 5

Access to local places of interest

Rated 5 of 5

Beauty of surroundings and scenery

Rated 5 of 5

Ease of arrival/welcome

A CL we hope to return to.

We’ve just returned from a two week stay at Drake House Farm Cl, nr Clitheroe, Lancashire. Drake House Farm Cl is approached down a long single width drive. You can arrive after one pm. It has five hard standing pitches, all fully serviced, including a grey water drain. There is a toilet and shower on site. We use our own facilities, but I did pop for a look. They are basic, but clean. Fast Broadband included and it was fast! Ann, the owner is helpful and friendly. She greets you on arrival and takes you to your pitch where you can confirm the meter reading with her. Currently, ten units per night are included in the price. We averaged eight units a night. Great view from the site and it was one of the quietest sites we have stayed at. Dogs are allowed, but do need to be kept on a lead. This is a working farm and there are sheep in the field next to the CL. We were fortunate to have 80% fabulous weather and the other 20%, we did think about building an Ark! We are members of English Heritage, The National Trust and Historic Houses. There were plenty of places to visit in the area and further afield. Bolton Abby, Clitheroe Castle, East Lancs Railway, Skipton Castle, Ribchester Roman baths and Museum are amongst the places we visited whilst there. They are walks from the site and within the area. It’s a site we will return to in the future.

Reviewed on

9 reviews

0 Helpful notes

Report this reviewer