Club unveils sustainability statement
Sustainability is essentially meeting our present needs without compromising the needs of future generations.
The Caravan and Motorhome Club is committed to continuous improvement of its environmental, social and economic activities, and those of its members, whilst touring with the Club.
Through our vision of ‘helping you get more from the great outdoors’, we strive to be a sustainable organisation for current and future members.
Therefore, we commit to:
- Partnering with the most relevant accreditation scheme.
- Establishing a baseline of the Club’s activities, practices and procedures which will lead to specific areas of focus and action plans.
- Respecting the environment and promoting biodiversity on the Club’s sites network.
- Regularly reviewing our activities, and taking action to improve the Club’s balance of environmental, economic and social performance.
- Promoting awareness of, and sharing best practice about, measures and initiatives that can reduce any negative impact of the Club’s activities.
- Promoting responsible behaviours and actions by staff, members, guests and suppliers, and encouraging new ideas and initiatives.
- Complying with all relevant legislation and working towards achieving targets set by the Club and the UK Government.
This statement applies to all Club activities and every individual has a role to play. It will be publicly available and reviewed annually.