My Lunar middle window blowout

billyboy1111 replied on 20/10/2023 11:25

Posted on 20/10/2023 11:25

While travelling home to the Wirral last Tuesday from a holiday in St Ives we were at the highest point on the Bodmin moors our caravan was hit by an extremely powerful gust of wind which tore off the front middle window and scattered it's remains over the carriage way. Fortunately it wasn't raining and no one else was involved. After stopping and inspecting the damage we crawled into Launceston where the very kind owner of a company called Horizon Plastics, after hearing about our situation and realising we still had nearly 300 miles to go enlisted 2 of his staff to seal the front of the caravan with heavy duty plastic sheeting AT NO COST TO US! After expressing our sincere thanks to all involve we were able to make it home safe and "sound".

Our caravan is a dearly loved "member of our family" which we have had from new since 2005 and we're desperate to find a replacement window but so far without success.

SO PLEASE IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS OR KNOWS WHERE TO BUY A MIDDLE FRONT WINDOW FOR A.                               LUNAR CHATEAU 400 2005 MODEL MY WIFE AND I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP.

WILLIAM QUINN

Moderator Comment - Moved from Story Section. Also personal contact details removed as any replies will be given in the discussion section.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook