Rallies 2023

brue replied on 01/01/2023 13:49

Posted on 01/01/2023 13:49

If you're interested in rallies many of the lists are out for 2023. Maybe find a venue or event you haven't tried before and also a price that doesn't seem too expensive, I've noticed a rally on a nice commercial site on the coast for under £15 with EHU and plenty more for a lot less in some good spots. The Bristol Balloon Fiesta is worth a try.

End of advert...here's the link  to the centres and their web sites to find out more. https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/membership/local-centres/centre-contacts/ 

smile

Finnberrys replied on 21/02/2023 18:00

Posted on 19/02/2023 09:16 by JollyKernow

Interesting to read about access. If a rally is on a campsite be it club or otherwise there has to be an access statement available to view. Each club site has, it's a pdf next to the site plan.

JK

Posted on 21/02/2023 18:00

I must be missing it then. I did look but I couldn't find it. Of course, that should have been the first alarm bell.
https://www.killerbyoldhall.co.uk/caravan-park

Finnberrys replied on 21/02/2023 18:04

Posted on 19/02/2023 09:07 by brue

That's a shame Finnberrys although most rallies usually offer a bank payment system so that usually works well. 

We aren't frequent rally users but I've got one booked in March, just a short weekend break. Firstly online contact via the rally sec to see if there was a space for us then on line booking and bank payment.

You don't often have to send off forms most are easier than that and things are done on line.

You might find THS with C&CC easier as for some you can just make a late phone call, however popular breaks with both clubs fill up. I'm on the waiting list for one at the moment.

Generally you can phone someone to ask about access etc.  Quite a few are on actual  sites, so access should be OK and costs a lot cheaper.

Frustrating for you after all your efforts.

Posted on 21/02/2023 18:04

It's possible that East Yorkshire haven't moved into the 21st century yet. I've done CCC rallies and THSs before and really enjoyed them. I left that club though, as their club sites aren't as good as CAMH ones for us and we had a few negative experiences. These things are always fluid though. Just given up on BritStops so might rejoin CCC.

brue replied on 26/02/2023 17:48

Posted on 26/02/2023 17:48

I think the main thing to remember is that all centres are volunteer run. We belong to a centre in the SW which is BACS operated and everything can be done on line but centres also offer phone contact etc to help everyone get the best from a centre break. We have a weekend break coming up soon with a different centre in a place we haven't visited before, even though it's early March the venue is fully booked. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook