Rallying for the senior caravanners

Scottie2 replied on 07/04/2018 22:18

Posted on 07/04/2018 22:18

I see the Retired Caravanning Association now allow non members of RCA to view a full list of their actual 2018 rallies with locations and dates, on their website...Their rallies are in various desirable locations and always have in mind areas where interesting places to visit are to be found...If a single person or couple wish to join RCA they make you most welcome and I believe as long as you no longer are employed you can apply from the age of 55...interested persons can obtain a no obligation information pack on application by looking up their newly organised website.  ..This sounds the kind of caravanning us retired folk could would benefit from.

bill replied on 09/04/2018 14:22

Posted on 09/04/2018 12:47 by Swifty2018

.If you went to a hotel after having booked for a certain number of days, and you told the hotel you were leaving early, do you think the hotel would refund the unused nights, I don’t think so, so why do you think a rally officer should refund you

Fair comment - not sure about a hotel but the CAMC would not refund entirely on a club site so why are others complaining about the RCA?

Posted on 09/04/2018 14:22

Thought the thread was about rallies ??

bill replied on 09/04/2018 14:25

Posted on 08/04/2018 12:00 by Scottie2

The RCA rallies start from 5, 7, 10 and 14 days...In summer I would not think of going to join any rally for less than 5 days...If you only want a 2 day break then a CL or CAMC , is what you want...If you went to a hotel after having booked for a certain number of days, and you told the hotel you were leaving early, do you think the hotel would refund the unused nights, I don’t think so, so why do you think a rally officer should refund you.

Posted on 09/04/2018 14:25

It's nothing to do with refunding but how much you pay in the first instance.

Scottie2 replied on 09/04/2018 14:57

Posted on 09/04/2018 12:47 by Swifty2018

.If you went to a hotel after having booked for a certain number of days, and you told the hotel you were leaving early, do you think the hotel would refund the unused nights, I don’t think so, so why do you think a rally officer should refund you

Fair comment - not sure about a hotel but the CAMC would not refund entirely on a club site so why are others complaining about the RCA?

Posted on 09/04/2018 14:57

Thank you for confirming my logic.

Cartledge replied on 15/10/2023 13:03

Posted on 15/10/2023 13:03

I think the OP was perhaps trying to encourage older people to get together for their enjoyment with their caravans and motorhomes. The negative comments (for example about old peoples homes on wheels) are quite spiteful and unnecessary. Ease up 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook