Risk Assessments

bill replied on 24/07/2020 13:42

Posted on 24/07/2020 13:42

I am due to run a rally in early October so will be following government and CAMC announcements with interest.  One of the conditions of the rally is that I produce a risk assessment which I have never done.  Does anybody have a guide or proforma or can point me in the right direction please.  Many thanks.

RowenaBCAMC replied on 10/09/2020 11:00

Posted on 10/09/2020 11:00

Hi everyone,

All of the Club’s Centres are given full and detailed guidance on how to run the Centre and rallies, and this is updated regularly. It is particularly important that this guidance is followed during the Coronavirus pandemic.

The guidance for Centres will be slightly different to those operated on Club sites as Centres are run by volunteer Club members, whereas the Sites network is looked after by employees. The  Club does not provide a completed Covid risk assessment for Centres, as it is important the Centres consider all areas of risk themselves.

Please be assured the Club supports all areas of member's activities, whether members choose to stay on sites, CLs or rallies.

Boff replied on 10/09/2020 11:46

Posted on 07/09/2020 20:01 by AlanPort

I’ve read through the comments above which sadly reflect the lack of support and general disinterest that the Club now seems to have adopted towards Centres.  We are all members of the CAMC and all pay our annual membership fee in order to be able to caravan in the way we prefer.  It would have been sensible and logical for the club to produce a standard risk assessment document for the use of all Centres in running their rallies but it seems that for whatever reason this has either not happened or has been communicated poorly.  The instruction issued to Centres are themselves pretty unhelpful and in some cases more draconian than those issued to members booked on club sites.  Below is an extract of the advice to Centre members travelling to a rally

‘Travelling to a rally
● If possible, when travelling to the rally avoid busy transport hubs such as motorway services - toilets, food service areas and petrol pumps – to reduce the risk of contamination.‘  Are these instructions issued to members travelling to a club site?  I certainly didn’t receive anything like this when we stayed on a site a couple of weeks ago.

Rally organisers are not permitted to distribute rally plaques on site, presumably because of the risk of transmitting the virus.  I quote:

‘No rally plaques should be distributed at the rally but can be ordered and distributed when restrictions are lifted.’

On the club site we stayed on a couple of weeks ago, we were able to purchase a plaque direct from the wardens.  Seems to me that there are two sets of rules going on here!

Posted on 10/09/2020 11:46

Alan, I couldn’t agree more with your assessment.   Obviously your’s and my  view of the support that Centres have received from the club is different to what Rowena has stated.
Perhaps the club could publish the guidance they have supplied to centres on the Website so people could draw their own conclusions?   I think that they should also publish the site specific risk assents.  This would particularly assist Bill who is running a rally on a club site. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook