National 2013 my thoughts.

hollypop replied on 29/05/2013 20:41

Posted on 29/05/2013 20:41

Although been a member for 8 years and Caravan regularly, this was our 1st rally of any kind, me wife 2 daughters 8 & 4, we absolutely loved it, I can appreciate the hard work & hours that go into organising this event, as the CC says always looking to improve here a few things that I feel could be improved upon (maybe) a couple of the helpers/volunteers that we encountered could perhaps smile a bit more and lighten up, so regimented / stuffy, as for the fun dog show the lady my little girl registered with certainly took the fun bit out of the show.

Food served in the marquee could be better( I appreciate i'm in the middle of a field but being charged real prices (breakfast & carvery), food in the food hall was a bit happy shopper rather than waitrose, as someone already said it can be difficult emptying there waste water.

we were pitched at the very edge on the northern boundary and was amazed at how many people did not pick up there dog mess, I personally pulled 4 people on this (we had our dog with us) out of order no need for it.

Spoke to many people while there, a lot were saying the same, needs younger blood, to heirachal.

before anyone suggests I am not volunteering, it just aint my thing, just giving my honest opinion on a few things, as I said we had a great time and will be at Arley.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook