Club Fest Information Page on Facebook

Fozzie replied on 08/09/2022 10:52

Posted on 08/09/2022 10:52

I have just seen Facebook about next years Club fest and the disappointment in the pricing from last year,but I cannot fine any information on my Chromebook under the Events page.

All my laptop is showing is the Irish and Scottish Nationals,If I go in under the Events link it is still showing the Belvior Castle link for last year.

The issue I have with this is how does Facebook constantly get the information before it is appearing on the Club's website.

Looking at the price now, I hardly think there will be a immediate rush for tickets though.

DaveCyn replied on 10/09/2022 15:48

Posted on 10/09/2022 15:16 by DavidKlyne

You could always go to Glastonbury instead. £285 each plus £125 to take the camper. So what is that nearly £700 for two? You will also need a hat and coat!

The trouble with this forum is there are too many people complaining about prices for things they have no intention of going to. If this event does not prove popular with members the Club won't do it again. Its a bit like staying at the NEC. Some have complained about the popup site at Beaulieu but it seems to have been pretty full most of the time according to people who have posted on Facebook.

David

Posted on 10/09/2022 15:48

It's called "Freedom of Speech" and we all have a right to an opinion and to express it!

I'm well aware that for some the club can do no wrong and will always try to justify the prices by comparing with the likes of Glastonbury.

Perhaps if the club was booking top line acts instead of tribute bands that comparison would hold more water!

We've attended the National and the C&CC Feast of Lanterns and I know which one I feel offers the best value for members.

Navigateur replied on 11/09/2022 20:25

Posted on 11/09/2022 20:25

I would love to go to The Caravan Club National Rally - as I have done many times in the past.  However, this "fest" format is not for me, and not at higher prices than a proper rally.

By the way, the Illegal Eagles are very good indeed. I shall be seeing them again in Lanark shortly. Dare I say, better than The Eagles, who I saw at Murryfield earlier this year. The difference being that at Murryfield all one could see were tiny unrecognisable figures in the distance. Images on screens are not the same - its just like sitting at home. 

DavidKlyne replied on 12/09/2022 21:26

Posted on 10/09/2022 15:48 by DaveCyn

It's called "Freedom of Speech" and we all have a right to an opinion and to express it!

I'm well aware that for some the club can do no wrong and will always try to justify the prices by comparing with the likes of Glastonbury.

Perhaps if the club was booking top line acts instead of tribute bands that comparison would hold more water!

We've attended the National and the C&CC Feast of Lanterns and I know which one I feel offers the best value for members.

Posted on 12/09/2022 21:26

Basically all I am saying if the price is not for you, or anyone else don't go. The Club will only change their mind if no one goes. However I suspect it will be a success because the cost for a family weekend is not as outlandish as some who complain think it is. Just for the record it is not my sort of thing so perhaps I can see it from a  clearer perspective? I would rather go to the Silverstone GP or perhaps Glyndebourne both of which would cost far morewink

brue replied on 23/09/2022 12:19

Posted on 23/09/2022 12:19

I don't understand why people don't use the search box at the top righthand corner of this page, magnifying glass symbol. just put in ClubFest and it's all there. I'm on Chromebook like the OP.

(Actually I do know why as earlier in the days of this website the search boxes were useless but they have greatly improved over the years! wink)

No doubt it will sell out as usual and there will be complaints from those who've missed the details. It's been on here from day one release.

Fozzie replied on 23/09/2022 13:16

Posted on 23/09/2022 12:19 by brue

I don't understand why people don't use the search box at the top righthand corner of this page, magnifying glass symbol. just put in ClubFest and it's all there. I'm on Chromebook like the OP.

(Actually I do know why as earlier in the days of this website the search boxes were useless but they have greatly improved over the years! wink)

No doubt it will sell out as usual and there will be complaints from those who've missed the details. It's been on here from day one release.

Posted on 23/09/2022 13:16

Thanks Brue for your reply,I have only just posted on another thread about the search facility in a reply to David Klyne.

So I followed your advice.

I entered CLUB FEST into search.

This bought up 4300 searches, Club sites ,Club week,etc, ect, ect, until I got to ....

Club Events

Then this brings up rallying search information and if you scroll down it is still showing

Belvior Castle information for last year CF

As you have stated you are on Chromebook just take a look.

brue replied on 23/09/2022 13:26

Posted on 23/09/2022 13:26

I searched on my Chromebook using Clubfest 23 however if you go into News and Events at the top of this page Club Fest has been on there for awhile, just scroll down. smile

Fozzie it's all a bit hit and miss on the search, I just happened to choose the right description, adding the 23. wink

peedee replied on 23/09/2022 13:32

Posted on 23/09/2022 13:32

It helps when searching using the magnifying glass to put your search in inverted commas. It sorts the wheat from the chaff. Doing so for Club Fest brings up a negative response.

peedee

brue replied on 23/09/2022 13:36

Posted on 23/09/2022 13:36

Remember how it's spelt too...joined up clubfest not club fest.....all designed to trip up the unwary!! wink

Although I've said the search engine has improved it might be that I tackle it as I would a crossword puzzle.....(not very well on many occasions.)

Best way is to google it!!

eurortraveller replied on 23/09/2022 15:44

Posted on 23/09/2022 13:16 by Fozzie

Thanks Brue for your reply,I have only just posted on another thread about the search facility in a reply to David Klyne.

So I followed your advice.

I entered CLUB FEST into search.

This bought up 4300 searches, Club sites ,Club week,etc, ect, ect, until I got to ....

Club Events

Then this brings up rallying search information and if you scroll down it is still showing

Belvior Castle information for last year CF

As you have stated you are on Chromebook just take a look.

Posted on 23/09/2022 15:44

Fozzie, surely you have Google in Kent. Just type CAMC Clubfest 2023. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook