Club Pop-up Campsites are returning in 2023

Rowena replied on 16/12/2022 12:04

Posted on 16/12/2022 12:04

The Caravan and Motorhome Club Pop-up Campsites are returning in 2023!

Join us at the Holkham Pop-up campsite from 11th July - 17th September and visit us in the New Forest's beautiful Beaulieu from 4th-31st July.

Find out more about our 2023 Pop-up Campsites HERE

young thomas replied on 21/12/2022 17:40

Posted on 21/12/2022 17:40

... but the pop up site is a 'field'...a nice field, i grant you (we cycled there from Lymington to visit the Motor Museum)...but a field all the same.

i cant see it can be compared on price to a proper commercial site...

im comparing it to all the many 'pop up' THS sites that we use each year, usually around £10. 

I don't mind the club adding bits and pieces but (to me) the idea of these sites is that they are 'temporary' and I don't expect them to be the same as Club sites nor priced the same.

IMHO, they've created a large CL and should be priced accordingly at around £20 absolute tops.

the Club use the same process for their pop up site at the NEC...smelly generator, large plastic containers of black waste....£40 odd quid please.

Errrr, No thanks.

here's our van at a pop up campsite, next to a stately home (a very famous former owner) ....and a vineyard, with hook up and pitching for two nights....how much....?

free, incl the electric.

DaveCyn replied on 22/12/2022 18:26

Posted on 22/12/2022 18:26

The Club seems to have an aversion to NON-EHU!

Even ClubFest is all EHU pitches and one price fits all and you WILL pay towards the entertainment whether you want it or not!

Now they are proposing losing the non-EHU pitches at Steamer Quay.

Cornersteady replied on 23/12/2022 10:07

Posted on 23/12/2022 08:10 by cyberyacht

You can't just get a sandwich. It's the full four course meal even if you're not particularly hungry.

Posted on 23/12/2022 10:07

Yes you've mentioned this before but it really doesn't stand up, if you aren't particularly hungry then you don't go in to a restaurant that sells a four course set meal, or maybe you personally do? You go to a sandwich shop? You're making it sound as if club sites are the only choices?

You keep posting these types of posts CY yet have stated that you won't be using a club site even if a non EHU option is offered, yes you can state your point of view but it's so often with this type of post so I'm wondering who these posts are aimed at or what you're hoping to achieve? 

The club isn't going to offer what you want anytime soon, so why not accept it and move on? You've said that the CCC is more MH orientated so use them, there's usually a CCC site near to a club site?

peedee replied on 23/12/2022 10:17

Posted on 23/12/2022 10:17

But the Club is supposed to be all inclusive and by not offering the opportunity to have the sandwich, it is not. However, I guess if it can fill the restaurant then there is no chance of buying a sandwich there and your right CS we will have to go elsewhere. Soon there will be no reason to be a Club member.

peedee

Cornersteady replied on 23/12/2022 14:47

Posted on 23/12/2022 14:23 by peedee
Content has been removed.

Posted on 23/12/2022 14:47

Really, you see what? And what an amazing statement? When it suits me?

So by the same logic it's not inclusive when it doesn't suit you then?

But when, and please quote me here, did I say it was anything to do with me in my post above?

Am I the only member of the club? Am I the only one that uses club sites? Am I forcing anyone to join the club and then pay to use its sites as they are? But hundreds of thousands do?

Am I the one who keeps asking for change just because it doesn't suit me in the way, it must be said, that you often do with metering? Why not just choose sites that have what you want. You often post there are cheaper and better sites (and whether not I agree with that is beside the point - you believe it) out there so why not use them?

The club is totally inclusive of anyone who wishes to pay to either join it or use its sites. You appear to make out someone who has paid is being left out? In which case why did they join, rejion, and continue to use club sites? As in fact you do.

If the club doesn't offer what you want, as in all things in life and business, then one goes elsewhere. As you said yesterday - move on. 

replied on 23/12/2022 15:38

Posted on 23/12/2022 15:38

Content has been removed.
Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook