Have you lost TV CH 5

peedee replied on 03/12/2022 22:01

Posted on 03/12/2022 22:01

CH 5 has recently moved freesat frequency. I first noticed the loss of this channel at home followed a few days later on my motorhome TV. Some set top boxes may correct themselves but I have read that TVs with inbuilt receivers won't and you will have to manually retune them. This was the case with both my home and motorhome sets. I was not aware this was going to happen and it was only through a search of the internet I found out what had happened and how to correct. Older TV sets can be difficult to change if you have to program in the new transponder frequency of 11307Mhz

If you are just missing CH 5 this is why. Sky customers should not be effected.

As an aside In the course of searching It was observed ITV is to shortly stop transmitting standard definition channels on freeview so if your TV won't receive HD channels you will lose these channels.

peedee

peedee replied on 08/02/2023 07:14

Posted on 08/02/2023 07:14

BBC have now produced more information >here.< A couple of regions, South and East have already switched. Yesterday I spent quite some time manually setting up my TV to conveniently receive all the free to air satellite HD channels. My household smart TV is not that old but I still found on checking the transponder frequencies against >LyngSat< adjustments had to be made followed by a retune.

peedee

peedee replied on 04/03/2023 17:42

Posted on 04/03/2023 17:42

I think it is now all done and dusted on the satellite channels. Think I heard on the News Watch program this morning that Freeview (terrestrial TV) will also be completed by the end of the year. I was rather hoping Freeview would take a bit longer.

peedee

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook