Nec show Feb 2022

replied on 14/12/2021 16:53

Posted on 14/12/2021 16:53

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

nelliethehooker replied on 14/12/2021 19:13

Posted on 14/12/2021 19:13

If the person who produced that statement is an example of those employed by Swift, with all it's errors, them it's a good reason not to consider one of their products anyway.kiss

obbernockle replied on 15/12/2021 20:44

Posted on 15/12/2021 20:44

I am not at all surprised. The cost of a stand (stands) is massive, and way beyond any revenue likely to directly result. The commitment to the cost arises at the time of booking the hall space, and the risk of whether the show would actually happen rests with the company paying. Getting staff, direct employees and dealer employees to attend a show away from home including hotel life must be very difficult with the present virus ebbing and flowing. Getting contractors to provide stands and infrastructure would be a big risk for the same reasons. The companies are struggling to manufacture enough product for their order books.

I certainly wouldn't want to be there for a week, and even more certainly wouldn't want to invest my money on such a dodgy investment.

DSB replied on 20/12/2021 11:06

Posted on 20/12/2021 11:06

It's a pity about Swift.  Not really sure how it all fits together, but I guess there could be independent caravan retailers who may possibly be able to exhibit Swift leisure vehicles.  I enjoy going to the NEC shows.  Things have been difficult this last few years, with the impact of the pandemic.... Hope this is not the beginning of the end of such shows....

David

obbernockle replied on 23/12/2021 15:04

Posted on 20/12/2021 11:06 by DSB

It's a pity about Swift.  Not really sure how it all fits together, but I guess there could be independent caravan retailers who may possibly be able to exhibit Swift leisure vehicles.  I enjoy going to the NEC shows.  Things have been difficult this last few years, with the impact of the pandemic.... Hope this is not the beginning of the end of such shows....

David

Posted on 23/12/2021 15:04

The problem with the big shows is that they cost ridiculous amounts of money and are bound up in restrictive practices which add more expense. The marketing budgets of leisure industry companies are very small compared to the extravagance of the motor industry for example, and caravans / motor caravans need huge stands. The dealers sell a few vehicles, but the manufacturers don't, and so probably see no return on the cost. In the present environment, no one really needs to sell anything, so spending funds they haven't got, and staffing exhibitions would not happen.

In my opinion, because of Europe's obsession with stopping the use of ICE vehicles, the days are numbered now for touring caravans in particular, and I would expect to see very little investment in that sector. Touring Caravan makers have all diversified into other sectors of the industry. Small motor caravans (Campervans) may survive on a limited scale as EV's.

Tammygirl replied on 26/12/2021 21:19

Posted on 26/12/2021 21:19

February's show in Glasgow is off altogether, not sure if that's down to Covid or not but I wouldn't fancy going to a show just now anyway given the current figures. 

I would think most dealers are getting enough business just now its just that they can't get the vans to fill the orders.

ABM replied on 26/12/2021 21:49

Posted on 26/12/2021 21:49

Not just the Big van dealers though,  there are many of the smaller traders scattered round the walls of up to five (5) halls at the N E C and I'm sure they do enough trade to keep the company name in the minds of us 'floor walking ' viewers and some-time spenders.

{Even a certain North Wales cheese company for one  wink  }

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook