Scottish Caravan, Motorhome and Holiday Home Show

KjellNN replied on 07/01/2023 22:37

Posted on 07/01/2023 22:37

Our daughter would like to go to this show to look at caravans and motorhomes and wants at least one of us to go along, and also take our grandsons.     If we go on CAMC members day, the Thursday, does anyone know whether we can buy a  ticket for a non member guest at the members price?

KjellNN replied on 08/01/2023 11:29

Posted on 08/01/2023 11:29

Yes, later yesterday  OH did a trial booking, entering the code, but it offered both member tickets and non member tickets for the same booking.    It therefor looks to me like only members get the reduced price when taking a non member along, and they may well request membership cards be shown, which seems reasonable as it is a £5 reduction. 

It does say in the booking process that if you buy a "senior" ticket you could be asked for proof of age, and that is only a £1 reduction!

We are also CCC members, OH just got an e mail from them about their members day tickets, and it said something along the lines of that a member buying member tickets for non members would face consequences.

At least the grandchildren will be free.

Note the mistake in the advert shown above..........members day is Thursday 2nd,  but in the next line it says Friday!

Tammygirl replied on 09/01/2023 13:32

Posted on 08/01/2023 11:29 by KjellNN

Yes, later yesterday  OH did a trial booking, entering the code, but it offered both member tickets and non member tickets for the same booking.    It therefor looks to me like only members get the reduced price when taking a non member along, and they may well request membership cards be shown, which seems reasonable as it is a £5 reduction. 

It does say in the booking process that if you buy a "senior" ticket you could be asked for proof of age, and that is only a £1 reduction!

We are also CCC members, OH just got an e mail from them about their members day tickets, and it said something along the lines of that a member buying member tickets for non members would face consequences.

At least the grandchildren will be free.

Note the mistake in the advert shown above..........members day is Thursday 2nd,  but in the next line it says Friday!

Posted on 09/01/2023 13:32

We are going on the Friday Kj, tickets with the other club. 

KjellNN replied on 09/01/2023 19:03

Posted on 09/01/2023 19:03

We could go on Friday too, as also CCC members, will depend on what our daughter wants to do.  For Thursday she would have to use a day of holidays, for Friday just a half day.

Meantime we have entered a competition for free tickets!

Broxmeister replied on 09/02/2023 09:58

Posted on 09/02/2023 09:58

I went to the show and I must say it was the worst Scottish show I have ever attended. I've seen more caravans on a dealers forecourt. The accessory shop which is usually large with a great range of goods was smaller than the clubs stand at the show.

I have always gone to the caravan shows held in Glasgow but this will be my last, I found it a complete waste of time and money. I was looking forward to checking out the latest Baileys only to find the grand total of two Bailey vans.

Tammygirl replied on 09/02/2023 20:22

Posted on 09/02/2023 09:58 by Broxmeister

I went to the show and I must say it was the worst Scottish show I have ever attended. I've seen more caravans on a dealers forecourt. The accessory shop which is usually large with a great range of goods was smaller than the clubs stand at the show.

I have always gone to the caravan shows held in Glasgow but this will be my last, I found it a complete waste of time and money. I was looking forward to checking out the latest Baileys only to find the grand total of two Bailey vans.

Posted on 09/02/2023 20:22

Sad to say but I totally agree with you, total was of time and money. 

DSB replied on 27/02/2023 10:57

Posted on 09/02/2023 09:58 by Broxmeister

Posted on 27/02/2023 10:57

Oh dear....What a pity.  It sounds like a missed opportunity.  We went to the NEC show last Saturday and it was really busy.

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook