Stay at the Motorhome and Caravan Show Club pop-up

Rowena replied on 01/08/2022 13:37

Posted on 01/08/2022 13:37

Hi everyone,

Come and stay a stone's throw away from The Motorhome and Caravan Show at Birmingham's NEC, 17-23 October, where we will be running an on-site campsite which opens a day before The Motorhome and Caravan Show begins.

To find out more information visit NEC October temporary campsite

obbernockle replied on 18/08/2022 21:44

Posted on 18/08/2022 08:18 by young thomas

'gender eaters'! How's that for predictive text?...'generators' obviously😉

Posted on 18/08/2022 21:44

There is a great joke there somewhere. Love it!sealed

Tammygirl replied on 24/08/2022 16:22

Posted on 24/08/2022 16:22

Well I  certainly wouldn't be paying that to camp on a car park. 

To far for us to travel there and back in one day. 

To far and expensive to just go for the show,  so they only way we would attend the show would be as part of a tour.

As we will be in Spain at that time it's all by the by.  Wrong time of year really as we are always away then.

We have attended the Manchester show in January but getting a site nearby isn't easy.

Glasgow show is the easiest for us but again it ain't cheap,  nearest site is Strathclyde.  Best way for us is a day trip in the MH and park at the venue.  Parking is easy and plenty but not cheap.

Do they really want folk to attend these shows. 🤔

peedee replied on 25/08/2022 07:36

Posted on 25/08/2022 07:36

For those travelling long distances they would have to compare the costs of staying in a local hotel to that of the pop up and of course alternatives further away. If you want to be close to the NEC then the pop up would be worth considering and not dismissed out of hand.

It is just over an hours run from where I live so no need for an overnight stay. The only time I have overnighted when visiting the NEC is on the way further north and I have stayed either on a nearby CL or a CS

peedee

ABM replied on 14/10/2022 09:20

Posted on 14/10/2022 09:20

A very good friend of ABM's has two adult ( Gerry Hatric ) tickets available for Club day this year ! They have just up-graded their caravan and now dare not go near the NEC for fear of  bringing the incipient bankruptcy even closersurprised. Sing out smartly should they help visitors save a  tanner or six.

Brian  aka A B M

ABM replied on 14/10/2022 21:40

Posted on 14/10/2022 21:40

Seems like there are no takers for the FreeBee tickets so count them as CANCELLED cos there will be no time to transfer them now.

Brian

EmilysDad replied on 14/10/2022 22:17

Posted on 24/08/2022 16:22 by Tammygirl

Well I  certainly wouldn't be paying that to camp on a car park. 

To far for us to travel there and back in one day. 

To far and expensive to just go for the show,  so they only way we would attend the show would be as part of a tour.

As we will be in Spain at that time it's all by the by.  Wrong time of year really as we are always away then.

We have attended the Manchester show in January but getting a site nearby isn't easy.

Glasgow show is the easiest for us but again it ain't cheap,  nearest site is Strathclyde.  Best way for us is a day trip in the MH and park at the venue.  Parking is easy and plenty but not cheap.

Do they really want folk to attend these shows. 🤔

Posted on 14/10/2022 22:17

... We have attended the Manchester show in January but getting a site nearby isn't easy.

Burrs isn't too far .... 😉

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook