Caravan awards

Liz K replied on 02/01/2024 18:29

Posted on 02/01/2024 18:29

Hi, 

Please could someone tell me (if known) how the caravan and MH manufacturers are selected for assessment for the CAMC awards? 

I’m a little confused as to why Coachman don’t feature in any categories and yet they won the UK manufacturer award in the 2023 CCC/Practical Caravan/Practical Motorhome awards (based on 11.000 member/reader responses). It seems odd. We have a Coachman, it is excellent. 

Do the manufacturers have to pay to enter, and if they do, surely that should be made clear by the Club as it’s not truly objective. 

Tinwheeler replied on 02/01/2024 18:36

Posted on 02/01/2024 18:36

It’s probably like Towcar of the Year where manufacturers put forward the models they want considered. The results are, therefore, fairly meaningless.

You probably need to contact CAMC for the info you require as we can only speculate.

Liz K replied on 02/01/2024 19:24

Posted on 02/01/2024 18:36 by Tinwheeler

It’s probably like Towcar of the Year where manufacturers put forward the models they want considered. The results are, therefore, fairly meaningless.

You probably need to contact CAMC for the info you require as we can only speculate.

Posted on 02/01/2024 19:24

Thank you - I wasn’t sure who to ask or where to find them! And I’m sure you’re right. 

clarinetman replied on 03/01/2024 19:27

Posted on 03/01/2024 19:27

The unhealthy relationship between the club and Bailey caravans has always devalued the caravan of the year awards for me, this is shown by when Bailey didn’t win a category this year they were mentioned as the previous years winner etc. load of rubbish the awards too many close relationships for my liking.

DavidKlyne replied on 04/01/2024 20:47

Posted on 04/01/2024 20:47

Often these competitions only accept caravans which have had an upgrade from the previous year so if no upgrade its unlikely that an existing model will appear two years running. Its the same with the tow car of the year. It is also possible that manufacturers might not want their products included and I somehow doubt the Club would go against those wishes. Most of these reviews/competitions are only a snapshot in time so you need to decide how useful they are. Sometimes you will find websites or Facebook Groups for particular brands of caravans where owners give their views which are probably as valuable if more so that those snap shots?

David

wh1nbrew replied on 07/01/2024 19:18

Posted on 07/01/2024 19:18

What I don't understand is the logic of some of the classes as there is a huge overlap between a number of them.  

Why not simply, at any price within these categories? 

2 berth

4 berth

more than 4 berth

heavy pop tops - all eriba - so why not call it the eriba pop top award?!!  

The lighter pop tops and trailer categories seem fine

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook