Club magazine content

Bishwell70 replied on 07/10/2022 17:26

Posted on 07/10/2022 17:26

I wonder if the clubs "You said " propaganda department and the sanitised letters page of the club magazine will reflect the hundreds of negative comments about the new booking system posted on various web sites like Trust Pilot, I e-mailed the club to question the need to give name and DOB of other adult persons travelling with a registered member, the replay was that they would try to get back to me within 10 days WOW !!

DavidKlyne replied on 07/10/2022 20:41

Posted on 07/10/2022 20:41

In over 40 years of being a member I don't recall any critical letters of how the Club is run ever being published, they are probably rueing the day they ever introduced a Club forumlaughing

David

obbernockle replied on 07/10/2022 21:56

Posted on 07/10/2022 20:41 by DavidKlyne

In over 40 years of being a member I don't recall any critical letters of how the Club is run ever being published, they are probably rueing the day they ever introduced a Club forumlaughing

David

Posted on 07/10/2022 21:56

I agree with the sentiment of your post but, I really do not think the club management is, or has for a long time been, bothered about the scale and strength of feeling from members, as long as the money is going in the till. The Club is on par with Go Outdoors (strictly a commercial business), but they do not charge an annual membership fee. We stopped the club magazine some years ago because it's just junk.

Rufs replied on 10/10/2022 16:23

Posted on 10/10/2022 16:23

"I wonder if the clubs "You said " propaganda department and the sanitised letters page of the club magazine will reflect the hundreds of negative comments about the new booking system posted on various web sites like Trust Pilot"

You should check out Octobers edition, page 56 "Winter Value" where they are pushing the La Manga Site in Spain "perfect for active holiday lovers",

i wonder if anybody from the club has visited La Manga in the last 5 years. The site is on the Mar Menor lagoon which is still very polluted from run off from the farming land which surrounds it, and the smell when the wind is in the wrong direction is terrible, i visited the Mar Menor earlier this year, they have gangs of people trying to scoop out the algae which is very toxic, you certainly would not want to swim in the Mar Menor, La Manga sits on the shores of the Mar Menor, on trip advisor this site has been reviewed as one to miss.

" The photos of the site suggest a clean beach suitable for swimming. This is far from the case with the water so polluted from fertilizer and slurry run off from farms that fish have died and swimming in it is a definite no no. There is an unpleasant odour coming from the water. The whole surrounding area is generally scruffy and run down. "

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook