Club Shop dysfunctional

CaravanRamblings replied on 23/07/2021 10:27

Posted on 23/07/2021 10:27

I'd like to share my experiences making an order from the Caravan Club shop. I ordered 3 Thetford products - Kem Blue, Rinse Pink and Toilet spray cleaner.

This was on Sunday 27th June.

One product was showing out of stock and the entire delivery showing delayed until Friday 2nd July.

On Thursday 15th July I looked on the system and the Blue kem was still out of stock but now showing an in-stock date of Mid-August so I drove to a leisure shop and bought what I needed.

On the website, I now couldn't find a way to cancel this order. I telephoned numerous times and the lines just got cut-off and went dead. 

So I emailed requesting the order be cancelled. The "auto reply" said a response in 2 days and a resolution in 5 days. I got NO response.

On 21st July I received a dispatch confirmation. Unbelievable. I immediately raised a Credit card dispute for non delivery and no way to communicate with the shop. Emailed the shop again out of courtesy that I was raising a Credit card dispute.

On delivery day, the parcel got recalled by the Shop. So they have been reading emails, just not replying to them.

Don't waste your time...

Trackman replied on 02/09/2021 10:51

Posted on 02/09/2021 10:51

My experience of the Prima Leisure service has been bad, just as reported by several others here.

As a new Club member I thought I'd get good service from a shop affiliated to the Club, but not so. I ordered a steering wheel lock and a set of levelling ramps on 30th July. There was no clear indication of any likely delays apart from the commonplace warnings about the pandemic that one sees on many websites. As I have not actually experienced significant problems with other suppliers, I didn't take these warnings too seriously.

I have today finally managed to get through on the phone to cancel the order, after being told that the likely delivery has now been pushed back to October! This after a very long wait to get through.

Prior to my call, the only update I'd had about the delay was an email in reply to my own query, and that response took ages to arrive. In that email I was told that they didn't expect to get the equipment from their suppliers until early September, when it would be dispatched to me as soon as possible.

I'm staggered that they continue in business. Other businesses are managing vastly better, for example, a few days ago I ordered a wheelclamp in the morning and it was delivered less than 24 hours later.

The Club is suffering reputational damage through this in my view, and needs to consider its position. 

DavidKlyne replied on 02/09/2021 11:33

Posted on 02/09/2021 11:33

I have used Bailey Prima Leisure (who run the Club Shop) several times for spare parts for my Bailey motorhomes and have had excellent service from them. However all this was pre pandemic. In February I ordered a set of alloy wheels from Bailey and out of the blue some weeks back I got a call from my dealer saying they had arrived!!! As it was just an upgrade to what I originally had there was no urgency. Likewise I have been trying to buy a Fiamma Back Box from a well known Fiamma dealer but they have no stock and it looks as if it might not be until next month they get new stock. One thing is clear the Club Shop needs to up its game on keeping people informed of delays. 

David

SteveL replied on 03/09/2021 07:43

Posted on 03/09/2021 07:43

I would have thought they also need to stop taking money off the credit card until the goods are dispatched. When I order something on Amazon, I am able to change / cancel the order up to the time they send an email saying it is dispatched and can no longer be changed.

eurortraveller replied on 03/09/2021 09:09

Posted on 03/09/2021 09:09

Stop pretending it’s the Club shop. It’s a firm called Prima Leisure.Here’s a snapshot of their reviews on TrustPilot. Go on line and read the comments from customers.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 03/09/2021 15:26

Posted on 03/09/2021 15:26

Geez EuroT it’s dropped  to 83% bad now🤷🏻‍♂️

redface replied on 03/09/2021 18:59

Posted on 03/09/2021 18:59

Perhaps our  club (sorry for the sarcasm,) should consider a different commercial outlet for the sale of various products that might be of use to us.

Maybe the current one gives the biggest kickback of them all?.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook