Final approach directions

oggy40 replied on 11/11/2022 01:47

Posted on 11/11/2022 01:47

Hi all, when looking at sites I seem to remember towards the bottom of the page it gave specific directions relating to the site.

I.E. Do not use sat nav for final approach and then it would instruct you to arrive at site avoiding possible pinch points/hazards.

Am I missing a trick but for the life of me I can't find this info anymore online. Any pointers much appreciated.

Kind regards John

young thomas replied on 13/11/2022 08:25

Posted on 12/11/2022 20:26 by DavidKlyne

It would probably be useful if the Club added the site directions as a .pdf file to the campsite details the same as they do for the site plan and site leaflet?

David

Posted on 13/11/2022 08:25

A few hours work for someone who can 'copy and paste'...just need doing. Sorted.

oggy40 replied on 15/03/2024 17:17

Posted on 15/03/2024 17:17

Hello . Sorry to revive an old post about final approach directions usually accompanied by a map. Again could someone point out how to access them when using the app or just on a tablet? I always use these two methods when searching and booking. However I can only find the final approach instructions when using a laptop as the page it brings up is slightly different. 

Thanks all 

SteveL replied on 15/03/2024 18:53

Posted on 15/03/2024 17:17 by oggy40

Hello . Sorry to revive an old post about final approach directions usually accompanied by a map. Again could someone point out how to access them when using the app or just on a tablet? I always use these two methods when searching and booking. However I can only find the final approach instructions when using a laptop as the page it brings up is slightly different. 

Thanks all 

Posted on 15/03/2024 18:53

As far as I know you can’t get them from the App. Use the browser on your tablet to access the club website and touch on the magnifier top right. Type in the name of the campsite (such as Cirencester) and the club site usually comes up top of the list. Touch on it and it takes you to the old site pages. Scroll down and touch on the map tab to get the information you require.

oggy40 replied on 16/03/2024 20:45

Posted on 15/03/2024 18:53 by SteveL

As far as I know you canโ€™t get them from the App. Use the browser on your tablet to access the club website and touch on the magnifier top right. Type in the name of the campsite (such as Cirencester) and the club site usually comes up top of the list. Touch on it and it takes you to the old site pages. Scroll down and touch on the map tab to get the information you require.

Posted on 16/03/2024 20:45

Cheers Steve, yep that's sorted it. Much appreciated ๐Ÿ‘ .Also, Clarinetman, you certainly  have a point there my friend. 

Thanks guys

Chelty replied on 23/03/2024 16:45

Posted on 23/03/2024 16:45

This thread started 15 months ago and I put something similar in another thread.

It can't be that difficult to add a link to the "final approach" information for each site.

It's clear that the powers that be just can't be bothered.

SteveL replied on 23/03/2024 17:32

Posted on 23/03/2024 16:45 by Chelty

This thread started 15 months ago and I put something similar in another thread.

It can't be that difficult to add a link to the "final approach" information for each site.

It's clear that the powers that be just can't be bothered.

Posted on 23/03/2024 17:32

They have managed a link for the CL’s but apparently can’t manage it for a couple of hundred sites. Most strange.๐Ÿค”

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook