More online booking woes

cobra44 replied on 06/04/2023 13:53

Posted on 06/04/2023 13:53

The voicemail message if you try ringing the club is try booking online - saves time and money. Tried booking a ferry online and this was the outcome yesterday:

1. Two crashes during payment - error codes appearing on the screen.

2. On third attempt, after having to re-enter all details each time, payment succeeded and ticket emailed to me. At this point 1 hour spent making the booking (including time attempting without success to speak to someone at the club).

3. Checked my bank online today and noticed that payment for the ferry ticket had been requested three times. 

4. Two more hours wasted both with the club and the bank getting the two extra payments stopped.

3 hours involved in this booking and an attempt by the club to obtain three payments for the one transaction. Potentially this could have been even more serious had I not check the bank account - because of the amounts involved it might even have brought an individua''s outstanding card balance to its limit and the card being blocked. Saving time - definitely not. Just a very stressful experience.

Hja replied on 11/04/2023 19:31

Posted on 11/04/2023 19:31

notice on the overseas booking thread people having problems trying to book ferries and sites!

Kasspa replied on 11/04/2023 19:54

Posted on 11/04/2023 19:31 by Hja

notice on the overseas booking thread people having problems trying to book ferries and sites!

Posted on 11/04/2023 19:54

Yep!

I had a nightmare over 2 days, should've gone with my instincts & booked ferry direct but was trying to combine ferry & sites to qualify for a 'package'.....

Lesson learned the hard way as ferry price went up overnight by £80 yell

ScreenNameADF2063F76 replied on 16/04/2023 15:31

Posted on 16/04/2023 15:31

I too have had problems using the new site booking system. Mistakes are not allowed and will not be corrected even on ringing the club directly. £75 lost. I looked at an alternative clubs site and found it much easier and more intuitive. I know where my membership fees will be going next year

JollyKernow replied on 17/04/2023 06:57

Posted on 16/04/2023 15:31 by ScreenNameADF2063F76

I too have had problems using the new site booking system. Mistakes are not allowed and will not be corrected even on ringing the club directly. £75 lost. I looked at an alternative clubs site and found it much easier and more intuitive. I know where my membership fees will be going next year

Posted on 17/04/2023 06:57

It would be good for us all to know of your problems 2063F76 and how you've "lost" £75

JK

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook